Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, i have an acer aspire timelinex 3830T with intel core i5 sandy bridge 2410M processor.
4 gig ram and intel hd 3000 graphics.
The HDD is totally wiped out and i am trying to install mac osx snow leopard on it.
i have booted with iboot legacy and snow leopard 10.6.6 AND with 106.0 but i cant the same panic erros msgs.
panic( cpu 0 caller 0x5600f3): ¨unable to find driver for this platform:\¨ACPI\¨.\n@/Users/nawcom/Builds/xnu-1504.9.26/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformexpert .cpp:1393
ANy clues?
I am totally new to this.
thanks.

thanks, i tried the dell method with no luck, ill look at the toshiba and give u feedback

not much instructions , tips ther that could help...

hello...

you need to download the instructions from steve's link...

the dell...

burn legacy iso, new iboot, ubuntu, download dsdt editor/compiler per links... follow it closely, make minor changes per your needs... it will get you to a rock solid 10.6.7 but for 10.6.8 you need to get the bugs out of the .7 first... and only use the new iboot cd to boot 10.6.8 to setup ubuntu instead of using the other boot loaders...

2 hard drive method does not give me any kp's... multiple copies of your working stuff, so if you make a change, boot from another partition and restore... it bombed so you don't need to do that again... :)

before you restore... your target hd, erase it first, then proceed with restoring your other copy of your working osx... then reboot back to were you are from...

you definately need 10.6.3 retail to boot... the older version of sl don't work... fix as much as you can on the 10.6.3 making your own dst first... and don't just jump to 10.6.8 if it bombs you... with the 2 hd method you can install to the non booted hd which has your clone that will install any upgrade without kp's...

well for me the jump from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 presents too many problems, taking care of issues at .7 first, not quite done with .7 but just installed .8 and booting with the new iboot instead of legacy iboot... don't know if it will boot, i can install 10.6.8 without kp's, booting to it is another thing... well booting at a functional enough state to work on...

if you don't have stuff as clean as possible, workable... you will have a hard time... it is trial and error, you won't get it right the first time unless you are very lucky, or doing it on hardware that is 100% fully compatible...

it would help to know where the dell method with the 2 hd's are not working for you, i'm on uncharted territory with the toshiba, and that fixed allot of issues for me...

post back to the toshiba thread as i don't always check the other threads to reply...
hard to remember which threads i posted to...

don't give up... you'll get it...
this is easier and better than the first days of hackintosh...

peace out...

:headbang:

ps: i'm getting problems now cause i put back in more than the 4GB... 8D

oops, updating to 10.6.8 with 6GB of mem is giving me problems now... got there without any with only 4GB...

while other say it doesn't matter... like for me, i figure it wouldn't matter either, but seeing is believing...

i now only get to DMOS has arrived and then dies on mapping memory... serves me right for doing the upgrade with more than 4GB... still got my other backups, might just start all over again and keep at at 4GB until it is working properly... seems strange but it is wether you will succeed or bomb the install...

and i just bombed the .8 knowing better than to do what i just did... lol...

thanks ahkbar but its not working, i followed the insructions steve has written, i do boot with iboot legacy but after i change dvd, hit f5 and then type the command (-x -v....etc) the system halts, freezes with that error msg.

I think it might be good to know that i install via a USB Dvd drive since my laptop has no built in DVD.
After iboot adn hitting F5 i get Apple_HFS and not Mac os x install dvd .
?

Since the OP was talking about a 3830T, I suggest you have a look at my other post:

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=33263&p=227779#p227779

I would reproduce it here, but the mods hate double-posting. Also, your model is a 3830T...that means you can ignore the part of my guide that mentions turning off the internal GPU. Your notebook is otherwise identical to mine...I booted my triple-boot SSD in my friend's 3830T (he decided to save the cash and not get a discrete GPU, but otherwise got an identical lappie to mine).

I'm also trying to get Snow Leopard on my Acer Aspire 3830T.
The problem I got is when in disku utility to partition the harddrive, I can't find the HDD.
And I can only install when have putted Sata mode as IDE instead of ACHI, which is the opposite what I'v been learned.
Anyone have any good solutions? I was using the 10.6.2 version which came with our old mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back