1050 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! So.... I have just installed High Sierra with the 10.13.3 update drivers, and I can't get into High Sierra without starting with the -x boot argument (Safe Mode if you didn't know) and whenever I finally get it to boot into safe mode I get the error message "Unable to open the NVIDIA Driver Manager" from the NVIDIA Driver Manager prefpane. If I do not run it with safe mode I just get stuck on the apple screen with a spinning wheel under the bar which is under the logo. Let me know if anyone knows how to fix this. Thanks! My Specs are i5 6600k, GA-z170-HD3, 16 gb G.Skill Ram, and a Gigabyte 1050 TI 4 GB.

There aren’t any second latest drivers for 10.13.3, there probably will be soon though haha, Nvidia inject is off, and only one monitor. Thanks for responding :)

Yeah, there was...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-3-387-10-10-10-25.243857/

It worked for me, kind of, but Nvidia pulled it only an hour or so after pushing the update.

Now I'm on 378.10.10.10.24.104 and I'm getting screen flickering, ugh. Not to mention I can't boot with two monitors, only one.

I'm going to try to update to the most recent push (that's not the one I linked) and see what happens.

So I got it to boot properly... turned out I wasn’t running the AGDPFix properly. But I guess I am noticing a performance decrease animation wise...

Oh, also, do this: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/...e-required-quot-solved-/post/5234969/#5234969

To my understanding, some (probably overworked to death) dev at Nvidia pushed an update with the wrong naming convention, which broke the connect between the CUDA and Webdrivers... It was up for a few hours until they pulled it down, renamed it, and reuploaded. This caused a bunch of weird issues, due to the obvious fact CUDA wasn't around to help out, lol..

I’m just using the one that tonymacx86 put out there which is just the alternative driver. Should I uninstall and use those? I am aware of CUDA drivers and what they do, but I don’t think they are out at the moment for 10.13.3... Btw the version number is 387.10.10.10.25.156 I believe it’s the first version, so I will check the second one out. Also sorry. I don’t really get what you’re saying... haha

Last edited:
@10fuzzy1, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I am aware of CUDA drivers and what they do, but I don’t think they are out at the moment for 10.13.3
New CUDA Driver Version: 387.128 is available.
https://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-387.128-driver.html

CUDA driver update to support CUDA Toolkit 9.1, macOS 10.13.3 and NVIDIA display driver 378.10.10.10.25.156

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back