Contribute
Register

Can't install El Capitan, stuck at boot screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please fill out your profile as requested in the guide.

You can simply boot without Intel injection (config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false).

Ok so i finally installed el capitan and installed clover bootloader like i did on the usb with the right config and etc. The problem is when i try to boot from the hdd clover instead of the usb one, clover starts but no boot entries are present only the small buttons with the efi shell amd options. I think i must have installed clover incorectly or something.

Last edited:
Ok so i finally installed el capitan and installed clover bootloader like i did on the usb with the right config and etc. The problem is when i try to boot from the hdd clover instead of the usb one, clover starts but no boot entries are present only the small buttons with the efi shell amd options. I think i must have installed clover incorectly or something.

It means you forgot HFSPlus.efi. Your Clover setup on HDD must be the same as for the USB (kexts, drivers64UEFI, config.plist).

It means you forgot HFSPlus.efi. Your Clover setup on HDD must be the same as for the USB (kexts, drivers64UEFI, config.plist).

Ahhh silly me. Thanks man. If you can tell me how to get my intel hd 5500 to work with hdmi and make my sound work(i had conexant drivers on windows) you will be my savior.

Ahhh silly me. Thanks man. If you can tell me how to get my intel hd 5500 to work with hdmi and make my sound work(i had conexant drivers on windows) you will be my savior.

HD5500 work if you follow the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

See FAQ for important details on DVMT-prealloc: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Audio is also covered in the FAQ.

I fixed the sound(installed voodoohda, i don't know if i need the patched applehda to enable hdmi audio though) and i already did the DVMT-prealloc. I still can't boot with injected intel cause i have the garble screen problem. I'm trying to implement backlight support but i can't really understand how to do it. I extracted my ACPI files with clover and disassembled them but i don't know what to do next. I have one DSDT.aml file and SSDT files from 0 to 7.

Last edited:
I fixed the sound(installed voodoohda, i don't know if i need the patched applehda to enable hdmi audio though) and i already did the DVMT-prealloc. I still can't boot with injected intel cause i have the garble screen problem. I'm trying to implement backlight support but i can't really understand how to do it. I extracted my ACPI files with clover and disassembled them but i don't know what to do next. I have one DSDT.aml file and SSDT files from 0 to 7.

Working graphics is a pre-req for backlight control.

Working graphics is a pre-req for backlight control.

After long of trial and error i finally got my graphics to work and the backlight too. I also think that i fix the power management for the cpu and the gpu but i can't know for sure, if you know a way to find out i will be glad and also can you tell me if i forgot anything?

Last edited:
After long of trial and error i finally got my graphics to work and the backlight too. I also think that i fix the power management for the cpu and the gpu but i can't know for sure, if you know a way to find out i will be glad and also can you tell me if i forgot anything?

Use AppleIntelInfo.kext to test pstates on CPU/IGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back