Contribute
Register

Can't install El Capitan on Dell PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. But why does that matter? I have the installer booted, but it won't let me install to my other driver because it is MBR.
just keep it on the drive that does work?

Ok. I can just install clover to a USB stick.
but you said you was already booting from your sata...? meaning you already have clover installed on it???

but you said you was already booting from your sata...? meaning you already have clover installed on it???
No. I was booting the installer from a second SATA hard disk

No. I was booting the installer from a second SATA hard disk
ahh ok

if you had set that up as legacy, should be ok to do so on your internal drive?

ahh ok

if you had set that up as legacy, should be ok to do so on your internal drive?
Yeah, but for some reason the computer refuses to boot from GPT formatted drives.

Yeah, but for some reason the computer refuses to boot from GPT formatted drives.
Did you update the BIOS ? Did you make any changes to make the settings more hackintosh friendly ?

Did you update the BIOS ? Did you make any changes to make the settings more hackintosh friendly ?
No, but thanks. My BIOS is insanely basic, has almost none of the features available that pages tell me, but my solution is to have 2 disks. One with MBR, and one with GPT. The MBR has a small partition with clover, and the GPT houses MacOS for now. Next what I'll do is clone it over so that I can take out the second one.

I have everything working (I cloned my drive to a disk image, then reformatted as MBR, and setup clover) except ethernet. Do you know where I can get the kext for it? I'll put a screenshot. I've searched the web and found a kext, installed it with kext utility, but it doesn't work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 6.13.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 6.13.41 AM.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back