Contribute
Register

Can't install El Capitan on Dell PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I already uploaded it, but it didn't seem to go through. Here it is.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
not sure why have laptop specific kexts for
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleBacklightInjector.kext
they can be removed

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and CoreDisplayFixup.kext should be replaced with whatevergreen.kext

may also be worth trying sata-unsupported.kext

Shiki.kext can be removed

clover/kexts folder should only have one folder inside called other, remove the rest

not sure why have laptop specific kexts for
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleBacklightInjector.kext
they can be removed

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and CoreDisplayFixup.kext should be replaced with whatevergreen.kext

may also be worth trying sata-unsupported.kext

Shiki.kext can be removed

clover/kexts folder should only have one folder inside called other, remove the rest
Thanks so much. It worked. I'm now taking a gamble for high sierra, or at least el capitan. Do you think it's possible it would work?

Thanks so much. It worked. I'm now taking a gamble for high sierra, or at least el capitan. Do you think it's possible it would work?
you will find out when you try it :)

just make sure your hardware is compatible
It is, but I can't install on MBR, and I have legacy bios so I don't think that I can install on my MBR partition. What it the solution? To use a separate drive for clover?

It is, but I can't install on MBR, and I have legacy bios so I don't think that I can install on my MBR partition. What it the solution? To use a separate drive for clover?
you mentioned eelier you are booting from your sata?

you mentioned eelier you are booting from your sata?
Indeed. But why does that matter? I have the installer booted, but it won't let me install to my other driver because it is MBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back