Contribute
Register

Can't get XFX RX 580 to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
f'ck it, I will return this card and hopefully get Sapphire PULSE RX 580.
i have the exact same card, works oob. idk whats going on with your setup but something is off

Maybe it need the 6pin and 8 pin power cords?

8 pins is the minimum unless if want to OC then need both 8+6 pins.

I think XFX card is defective and that's another reason why I avoided XFX.

8 pins is the minimum unless if want to OC then need both 8+6 pins.

I think XFX card is defective and that's another reason why I avoided XFX.

My XFX RX 480 has been working just fine since Sierra beta October 2016. Testing it in windows would let you know, but if you see a bios screen and clover it is unlikely the card. Most likely configuration or corrupted OS.

i have the exact same card, works oob. idk whats going on with your setup but something is off
Are you 100% sure? Because this is the "GTS XXX Edition". Looks exactly the same like 3 or 4 other XFX rx 580 cards, but have different bios. Other than that, card is powered with 8pin pci-e connector from power supply. Anyways, can you give me your boot.plist file, or even better EFI folder?

Are you 100% sure? Because this is the "GTS XXX Edition". Looks exactly the same like 3 or 4 other XFX rx 580 cards, but have different bios. Other than that, card is powered with 8pin pci-e connector from power supply. Anyways, can you give me your boot.plist file, or even better EFI folder?

Absolutely, I'm at work right now.. it'll be later on today, standby.....

it is easy to resolve it. i got the same xfx rx580; i use the Sapphire rx580 bios to repalce it. it work

f'ck it, I will return this card and hopefully get Sapphire PULSE RX 580.
RX 580 is recognized by default since High Sierra, any additional kexts you install will mess things up.
Whatevergreen is not needed, lilu is not needed.
Officially OSX recognizes RX580. Here is a little "but".
There were some cases with some cards to have strange deviceids and they were not recognized correctly, and you needed to either patch the card (if possible) or the DSDT if not mistaken.

I have the Saphire Nitro+ RX 580 Special Edition, it works out of the box without any drivers since High Sierra 10.13.
On 10.12.3 it was not working because deviceid was not yet recognized by default and I used some hacks on osx/windows with special EFI file loaded thru grub.

it is easy to resolve it. i got the same xfx rx580; i use the Sapphire rx580 bios to repalce it. it work
Yeah, I was thinking about flashing the bios, but on the other hand, didn't want to void warranty.

Yeah, I was thinking about flashing the bios, but on the other hand, didn't want to void warranty.
You can patch your DSDT or update the ROM, I would go with the DSDT to keep the warranty. Happy hacking. you can find guides about patching DSDT for eGPUs and use them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back