Contribute
Register

Can't get XFX RX 580 to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What device ID is showing in clover boot menu in graphics settings?
card deviceID=67DF
And above that card is recognized as AMD 480

edit: but tried with all zeros, with injecting ATI, with DeInit, with Orinoco... literary every possible options, except patching the DSDT, since I'm not that experienced with that.

Last edited:
I have Asus Maximus XI Z390 with RX580 card and everything works as should , screen, sleep, shutdown,,,,

Here is my Efi if you like to try it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 96
card deviceID=67DF
And above that card is recognized as AMD 480

edit: but tried with all zeros, with injecting ATI, with DeInit, with Orinoco... literary every possible options, except patching the DSDT, since I'm not that experienced with that.

Tried with no inject ATI and nothing else?

Tried with no inject ATI and nothing else?
Yes, tried everything and still no success.

I have Asus Maximus XI Z390 with RX580 card and everything works as should , screen, sleep, shutdown,,,,

Here is my Efi if you like to try it.
Tried, even played with some boot flags, still can't get to the desktop or installer.
never mind guys, card will be returned tomorrow.

Thank you all for your help! ;)

f'ck it, I will return this card and hopefully get Sapphire PULSE RX 580.
Went through the same excersize. So happy with the sapphire.

and just to report, Sapphire rx 580 (11265-05-20G) works OOB. No any modifications or flags needed, except lilu and WEG kexts.

f'ck it, I will return this card and hopefully get Sapphire PULSE RX 580.
how is Sapphire PULSE RX 580 working out for you on Mojave? also is it compatible with Catalina?
Thank you

Just had a day fighting with my XFX RX 580 (XXX Edition) but finally got it working. I flashed to the bios to the XFX core edition (2017-04-10 - I matched the core and memory speeds) and it booted without issue. Just need to make sure the bios was set to the card and not the integrated display.

Just had a day fighting with my XFX RX 580 (XXX Edition) but finally got it working. I flashed to the bios to the XFX core edition (2017-04-10 - I matched the core and memory speeds) and it booted without issue. Just need to make sure the bios was set to the card and not the integrated display.

@boobajoob,

How did you update the BIOS? On Windows?
Did you use the Saphire BIOS on your XFX card?

Update 2020-03-18 ==> no need any answer on that topic: this is not the root cause!
For those how might have issue with XFX card, please be very careful on updating BIOS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back