Contribute
Register

Can't get to clover with hfsplus.efi or apfs.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So... I've always been able to boot clover using VboxHFS.efi, but no matter what i do, if i try using the hfsplus.efi clover hangs before displaying anything on the screen. it also happens if i put the apfs.efi or the one provided in the install clover package. Do you guys have any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 1,620
A year later... did you ever fix this? I have the same issue. Been trying to update my 6 year old clover, and only way I can get it to start with updated clover is with NO efi drivers. But then it can’t see any of my mac volumes to try and boot. If I use hfsplus.efi, it hangs on an unblinking underscore. If I swap out for vboxhfs.efi, it hangs on “scanning entries” (I have RAID volumes).

So I found a (weird) (and annoying) work around:

Rename HFSPlus.efi to just HFSPlus (without the .efi extension), so that the driver does NOT load. This way, Clover loads fine, but of course doesn't show any of my Mac boot volumes. Run UEFI Shell, find your EFI boot volume (mine was FS1:), and do "load FS1:\EFI\Clover\Drivers\UEFI\HFSPlus". Loading the driver 'manually' like this using Shell loads it successfully for me. Then type "exit" and let Clover go back to the boot screen, and now all my Mac boot volumes are visible.

So freaking weird.

But if I rename it back to HFSPlus.efi so that Clover loads it automatically, then *BOOM*—hang at black screen. :(

Any idea why?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back