Contribute
Register

Can't get Realtek ALC889 audio through HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, one more question (maybe). When I update the bios, should I run a normal DSDT and the one from your kit, or just the one from your kit?
Thank you so much for all the help, these questions just keep pooping up.

Backup your system to an external USB disk using either 'Carbon Copy Cloner' or 'SuperDuper'
Update the BIOS
Place the DSDT from the kit on your desktop
Run Multibeast with UserDSDT, System utilities and rest of the required options
Reboot.

Thank you both so much, I'm gonna try this out in just a little bit and let you know.

Okay, now it won't reboot. I updated the BIOS, ran the DSDT and everything went great. Now it gets to the Apple boot screen and the circle was literally spinning for 30mins. What went wrong now?

Okay, now it won't reboot. I updated the BIOS, ran the DSDT and everything went great. Now it gets to the Apple boot screen and the circle was literally spinning for 30mins. What went wrong now?
Did you configure the new BIOS properly, in particular, set drives to AHCI?, Boot with -v, take a screenshot of where it stops.

Did you configure the new BIOS properly, in particular, set drives to AHCI?, Boot with -v, take a screenshot of where it stops.

I set the the BIOS to AHCI but, Boot with -v? what does that mean?

Also it's the normal apple screen you see on any apple computer, but the loading circle keeps spinning instead of going to the desktop.
I'd also like to mention that the little red indicator LED that shows hard drive activity isn't even blinking.

Edit: I set the SATA AHCI mode to AHCI

I set the the BIOS to AHCI but, Boot with -v? what does that mean?

Also it's the normal apple screen you see on any apple computer, but the loading circle keeps spinning instead of going to the desktop.
I'd also like to mention that the little red indicator LED that shows hard drive activity isn't even blinking.

Edit: I set the SATA AHCI mode to AHCI
-v means boot in verbose mode. When the Chimera screen shows during boot, hit the space bar a couple of times. This bring up the boot prompt "boot: " Hit the down arrow twice so Boot Verbose is highlighted and hit return. Your display will show everything it has done. Where it stops is what finished, not what it is hung on. Reply with the last couple of lines.

-v means boot in verbose mode. When the Chimera screen shows during boot, hit the space bar a couple of times. This bring up the boot prompt "boot: " Hit the down arrow twice so Boot Verbose is highlighted and hit return. Your display will show everything it has done. Where it stops is what finished, not what it is hung on. Reply with the last couple of lines.

Oh, I get it

Here are the screen shots

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    871.3 KB · Views: 204
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    664.5 KB · Views: 168
Here are the screen shots
Install your backup. At that point, the only change will be the BIOS update. Lets get your old system to boot on the new BIOS. Are you on Mountain Lion?

Other notes: the PXHCD.kext does not support the Fresco USB3 controller on you motherboard and should be removed. The HDAEnabler889 should be remove as it interferes with dsdt injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back