Contribute
Register

Can't get past boot screen 10.10.3 ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never used Clover, only Chimera. Should I make the switch?

Make bootable USB in both method (Unibeast & Clover), then first try with the Unibeast USB if that is ending up with the same error you can try clover UBS.

Because we don't exactly know what is the actual reason for this error, Just guesses only... LOL:D

So I downloaded Yosemite 10.10.3 one more time, redid UniBeast. I used boot flags -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes (using No resulted in a black screen) IGPEnabler=No maxmem=2048 -no-zp. I put the flash drive in the back of the computer, rather than the front (even though I've always used the front no problem). Got to the installation screen, and I got the error "An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg"."

I have another flash drive I'm trying to put clover on and see what happens. I'll update once I try. I'm using the guide on how to install clover on a usb stick. I'm not really sure what to do about the config file. It seems confusing.

So I followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I checked "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP", and checked the same Drivers64UEFI that were in the pictures "EmuVariableUefi-64", "OsxAptioFixDrv-64", and "PartitionDxe-64". Also used "CloverEFI 64-bits SATA". And I checked "Install boot0af in MBR".

I did all the steps from step 20-25. For the config.plist, I downloaded the standard plist and I followed the second post to configure my own.

After I did all the steps, I put the flash drive in my computer. I booted from the "UEFI: (FAT) SanDisk" (Booting from USB: SanDisk caused it to load into Windows). When it loaded, I selected Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite. It loaded a black screen with an Apple logo and a bar. The bar went about a quarter of the way and then the screen went black and it stopped.

So a little update, I think I fixed everything.

I decided to take the PCI E cable out of my EVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI Graphics Card. I left the card in, but now I was using the Intel HD Graphics 4600 Integrated Graphics.

I used my UniBeast Yosemite flash drive and booted up only using "-no-zp" (I don't know if I needed to do that or not, but it went through". Got to the installation screen, wiped the disc using disk utility. I was able to install Yosemite 10.10.3 no problem.

I restarted, booted up the Yosemite drive using "-no-zp", finished the installation screen. I ran multibeast and used the same settings I used in 10.10.2.

I installed the NVIDIA Cuda driver (7.0.36) and then I installed the NVIDIA Web driver (346.01.02f01). After they installed, I turned off the computer, reconnected the PCI E cable into the Graphics Card, and booted up the hard drive, not through the usb. It went through. The computer recognizes the Graphics card and everything seems to be working correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back