Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been going through the forum and have tried lots of things, but no matter what I do, I can't boot successfully from my SSD. I can boot in safe mode, but not a regular boot. When I try a regular boot, I get the grey apple screen and the spinner, but it never completes. I don't know where to go from here or what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Build info:
GA Z77X-UDH
i5-3570 processor
OS 10.8.4
OCZ 160 G SSD
I was successful with Unibeast to install. I looked at the guides here for the motherboard bios settings. I'm a little confused with the Multi-beast settings, as different posts show different things, and I've tried just about every post I've seen with this motherboard.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Hi msblick, I'm new here, too. My build is:

Ga-Z77X-UD5H
i7-3770
Sandisk 120 Gb SSD
Seagate 1 Tb 7200rpm
From my old iMac:
Western Digital 1.5 Tb 5200rpm
Seagate 320 Gb 5200rpm

Regarding BIOS:
I usually hit F7 to get an optimized build and make changes as follows.
xHCI=auto
HPET=enabled
Init Display First=IGFX (since I'm running H4000 graphics, PEG if using a card)
WakeonLAN=disabled
VT-d=disabled

Is that familiar to you? I don't think I left anything crucial out.

Since you are having trouble booting to your SSD, I'd suggest you look at your boot order.
The order I use is: optical drive, primary (my SSD) in second position and then any others. Last would be my USB boot stick.
I messed these setting up recently and it took me awhile to get back so I automatically booted to my SSD.

Multibeast: I used EasyBeast for a while, but DSDT free is working for me now. Do you need to download a DSDT to the desktop for your i5-3570?

I borrowed these settings.

Drivers/Audio/Realtec ALC8xx/without DSDT/ALC898 (your type may be different.)
Disk/3rd Party/SATA
Disk/Trim Enabler/10.8.3 Trim Patch (because I have a SSD.)
Nothing in Graphics, because I'm using H4000 on-board graphics.
Miscellaneous/NullCPUPowerManagemant
Miscellaneous/Realtec - AppleRLT8169Eathernet 2.0.6 for 10.7 (I've tried them all and this one seems
to download slightly faster)
Customization/Boot Options/Power Management Hibernate Mode/Desktop
System Definitions/Mac Pro/3.1

That seems to work for me, but I don't know exactly why.

Started completely over, reformated the SSD hard drive, used your motherboard settings, reinstalled OS 10.8.4, used your mutli-beast settings, and still have the same result - arrrggg!!!
Thanks much for the advise - anything else I can try or look for?
Anything different about 10.8.4?

Sorry, I think I gave you a little bad advice. Well... It was bad for me, too.

In BIOS, there are a number of settings for the boot order. I was putting the optical drive first and that was screwing me up. When I put my SSD first, that worked better. It took a couple iterations until I got my boot order straight. One complication for me was that I have four drives and that can confuse the computer.

The manual says that you can make your optical drive as secondary priority.

If you are getting a Boot0 halt, then it is because the computer doesn't know what your primary drive is. Select the drive you want to boot into and PCIRootUID=0 sets it as primary. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back