Register

Can't get old computer to boot by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 106
So I followed everything that said down to the T. But I am not any further than before. I am still doing legacy.

If you read the guide "to the T", why isn't your profile filled out as requested in the guide?

"Still waiting for root device" (what you show in the image) when booting from USB indicates a USB problem. Make sure you try all USB ports. Make sure your config.plist is correct (should have the EHCx->EH0x rename patches). And read the USB guide for further things (USBInjectAll.kext, etc): http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

If you read the guide "to the T", why isn't your profile filled out as requested in the guide?

"Still waiting for root device" (what you show in the image) when booting from USB indicates a USB problem. Make sure you try all USB ports. Make sure your config.plist is correct (should have the EHCx->EH0x rename patches). And read the USB guide for further things (USBInjectAll.kext, etc): http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

I read through it all and understand the concept. But could you provide links that can help me on HOW to do it? I search and search and can't find anything that helps on how just on what to do.

For example
  • Renaming EHCx->EH0x in DSDT
  • using FakePCIID_XHCIMux to route USB2 devices on XHC to EHCI
  • injecting ports with a custom port injector
  • injecting ports with USBInjectAll.kext
  • patching DSDT to simulate a version of Windows when running OS X

How do you do port injecting? I can't find any info on how to do that. All of those points there I can't find any info on how to do. I search these forums all day and find nothing and Google and find nothing. I love the help and thank you very much for it. Like I said I understand what to do, it is just the how.

I read through it all and understand the concept. But could you provide links that can help me on HOW to do it? I search and search and can't find anything that helps on how just on what to do.

For example
  • Renaming EHCx->EH0x in DSDT
  • using FakePCIID_XHCIMux to route USB2 devices on XHC to EHCI
  • injecting ports with a custom port injector
  • injecting ports with USBInjectAll.kext
  • patching DSDT to simulate a version of Windows when running OS X
How do you do port injecting? I can't find any info on how to do that. All of those points there I can't find any info on how to do. I search these forums all day and find nothing and Google and find nothing. I love the help and thank you very much for it. Like I said I understand what to do, it is just the how.

Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

I appreciate any help you may offer but knowing how and what was fixed would be greatly appreciated. Learning this is what I strive for.

Thank you

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 107
I appreciate any help you may offer but knowing how and what was fixed would be greatly appreciated. Learning this is what I strive for.

Thank you

Using the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml is not valid.

Using the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml is not valid.

Okay, where did you find that? I am re-looking through the links you sent me. And how did you find that?

Thank you

Okay, where did you find that? I am re-looking through the links you sent me. And how did you find that?

Thank you

Look at config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches. You will find the _OSI->XOSI patch is present and enabled. It is only valid if you include the SSDT that implements the XOSI method.

Look at config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches. You will find the _OSI->XOSI patch is present and enabled. It is only valid if you include the SSDT that implements the XOSI method.

I found that here http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/ but again can't figure how to implement?

EDIT: I got this http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/ but stuck on the install of patchmatic? That being I cannot find it nor get it running via the commands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back