i5
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an old ASUS P53 laptop that I am trying to get Mountain Lion installed on. I tried following a little guide here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-p53e-laptop-sandy-bridge-lion-10-7-hackintosh.45043/) for this laptop. My issue was I could not for the life of me find out what he meant by "Chimera 1.8.0 bootloader, but need boot from flash and unmount Lion's partition to apply boot1h: dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2"
Particularly unmount lion and on. I decided to just do easybeast in MultiBeast and everything freezes at the apple logo, running -v give me what you see in the image. I am trying to get out of it and been looking for hours but nothing seems to allow me to boon even into safe mode. Apart from reinstalling OSX which I really don't mind doing as I am using an SSD so it goes fairly quick what other options do I have?

I cannot figure out how to get this computer to boot without a USB. I tried DSDT as well.

EDIT
I have decided to re-install the OS. But I still need a way to make this USB independent. The computer runs excellent with the OS just need a few things for working parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Yjis is the Buying Advice section...

Is it UEFI capable? Does the BIOS show ACHI as a disk option?

Yjis is the Buying Advice section...

Is it UEFI capable? Does the BIOS show ACHI as a disk option?

Oh wow I didn't even know this was the buying advice section. If this could be moved that would be great!

But yes I do have it as ACHI.

Honestly I don't think whoever posted that post I linked did something right because as soon as I enable all the KEXT files he did my mouse and keyboard no longer work and removing all of them does nothing. So I essentially need to get the computer USB dependent and get proper kext files.

I have an old ASUS P53 laptop that I am trying to get Mountain Lion installed on. I tried following a little guide here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-p53e-laptop-sandy-bridge-lion-10-7-hackintosh.45043/) for this laptop. My issue was I could not for the life of me find out what he meant by "Chimera 1.8.0 bootloader, but need boot from flash and unmount Lion's partition to apply boot1h: dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2"
Particularly unmount lion and on. I decided to just do easybeast in MultiBeast and everything freezes at the apple logo, running -v give me what you see in the image. I am trying to get out of it and been looking for hours but nothing seems to allow me to boon even into safe mode. Apart from reinstalling OSX which I really don't mind doing as I am using an SSD so it goes fairly quick what other options do I have?

I cannot figure out how to get this computer to boot without a USB. I tried DSDT as well.

EDIT
I have decided to re-install the OS. But I still need a way to make this USB independent. The computer runs excellent with the OS just need a few things for working parts.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

An update:

I was able to get the computer to boot without a USB using Chimera bootloader. BUUUUUT I lose mouse and keyboard function. I can't even plug in an external. I know it is working because the password field has the flickering cursor. Now I am trying to get El Capitan on the computer but get Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel and yes I read EVERYTHING here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...pitan-install-problems.173991/#CantFindKernel) and none of that worked.

My specs are:
P53e with Chimera
i5 2410M
HM65 chipset
HD3000 at 1366x768

For the El Capitan
I put El Capitan on a USB with UEFI and no luck even when UEFI is selected. Now I am trying USB legacy.

Last edited:
An update:

I was able to get the computer to boot without a USB using Chimera bootloader. BUUUUUT I lose mouse and keyboard function. I can't even plug in an external. I know it is working because the password field has the flickering cursor. Now I am trying to get El Capitan on the computer but get Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel and yes I read EVERYTHING here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...pitan-install-problems.173991/#CantFindKernel) and none of that worked.

My specs are:
P53e with Chimera
i5 2410M
HM65 chipset
HD3000 at 1366x768

For the El Capitan
I put El Capitan on a USB with UEFI and no luck even when UEFI is selected. Now I am trying USB legacy.

For 10.11:

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I was able to boot into the USB drive for El Capitan and start from external drive where the UniBeast installed what it needed with Legacy USB. But after I get the Apple logo for a couple of seconds and the loading bar the screen goes black.

The guide linked in post #6 does not use Unibeast.

The guide linked in post #6 does not use Unibeast.

I'm sorry but I am not understanding? What do you mean does not use unibeast? How do you get El Capitan on the flash drive then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back