Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't get my spoofing for Radeon RX 6950XT working after install, please help

Anyone know if NootRx works with a 6650XT? I'm not getting anywhere spoofing either.

@RyMac

PCI-Bridge:
You need to use your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script to generate a custom PCI-Bridge SSDT for your system.

Select the Green coloured button named 'Code' and then select Download Zip, to download the SSDTTime-Master folder.

You will need to select the PCI-Bridge option from the list in the Terminal window, and then provide the Device Path for the GPU.

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3, 0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

The script will then generate a new SSDT for your system to deal with this pci-bridge entry.

SSDT-SPOOF:
The IOReg Name you are using in the current SSDT SPOOF is not correct.

Hackintool shows the IOReg Name as this.

PCI0.GPP8.X161.pci-bridge.GFX0​

While your SSDT is using this.

PCI0.GPP8.X161.SWDS.VGA_​

Obviously these are very different, so unsurprisingly your SSDT doesn't work.

Anyone know if NootRx works with a 6650XT? I'm not getting anywhere spoofing either.
Is your SSDT similar to RyMac's?
Do you have the correct IOReg Name in the SSDT?
Does it match with the name shown in Hackintool or IORegistryExplorer?

NootRx is still in beta so its trial and error at mo.i use it but a older version and works perfectly. tried new versions but no luck. if you do try NootRx remove WhateverGreen and any device properties to gpu.

I am using the latest version of NootRX.kext available from commit 8c4e5d2, with an RX 6700 XT and it works perfectly.

I am also using the unfairgva=1 boot argument for DRM playback.

PCI-Bridge:
You need to use your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script to generate a custom PCI-Bridge SSDT for your system.
You are my hero! SSDTTime generated a quite good template for the bridge. I changed the device name inside the bridge (to GFX0) so it matches Hackintool. The spoof aml contains now the correct and full path to the device.

I tried to put everything on one screenshot in case somebody stuck at the same level. On the left side of the screenshot is the SSDT-Bridge.aml with some of my comments. On the right side is the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml also with comments.

Meanwhile I discovered some more things I could get rid of my EFI like the NVMefix kext and added intel wifi and bluetooth. I am now very happy with my Hackintosh - thanks again!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 01.44.59.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 01.44.59.png
    672.2 KB · Views: 77
For me (but 6950XT here) NootRx did not work. My system restarted while booting. You can check my post above, maybe you have to do the same or you can try out if this kext works for you (it worked for me before spoofing):

Is this hackintool screenshot capture with whatevergreen? I was able to spoof my 6650XT with renaming pci-bridge@0 to BRG0@0 using whatevergreen and device-id via DeviceProperties.

For BRG0.dsl
Code:
_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
to
Code:
_SB_.PCI0.GPP8.X161
\_SB.PCI0.GPP8.X161

I think I was targeting the correct path. I strongly advise you to set your GPU with those also you can remove your GPU-spoof.aml and set your device-id in this DeviceProperty and you need to extract soft play tables from your GPU bios and make sure you are using agdpmod=ignore in your boot-args

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 23.55.48.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 23.55.48.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 25
You can't use the DeviceProperties if you are using NootRX.kext. They will cause the system to kernel panic if you do.

However, it is perfectly fine to use the DeviceProperties with WhateverGreen.kext.

Back