Contribute
Register

Can't get audio after upgrading to Yosemite - Asus P8Z68-v LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I've got now I think is that I did this upgrade specifically to try playing Elite Dangerous on my hackintosh, but it crashes when loading, and I doubt the developers will be too fussed about helping our hybrid machines!!!

Bugger.

Goddamit!!!!

Trouble again. Had no working Mic, so I did some searching and found some threads on using a different voodooHDA kext so I downloaded it and installed it using Kextwizard (backing up the existing one in the process). Rebooted. No joy, in fact nothing worked re' sound after that so I reinstalled the backed up one.

Now all the options are back but no actual sound comes out for some reason. I have it set as Digital Out HDMI as the chosen output device, and all the other options are there but no sound from my amp. Can't fathom it. Every time I've had trouble in the past it's been that no options were present, but now they're there, but nothing coming out. WTF?

Anyone got any suggestions what I could have sabotaged or how to correct this? Was just trying to get mic working but no audio now and using previous steps to get audio working aren't doing the job now. :(

Joy of joys, I fixed it.

I was at a point where I had removed a voodoo audio kext from Extensions, and there was AppleHDA and HDAEnabler present but no output devices and no sound of course.

So I ran the Yosemite multibeast and installed the version of Chimera that was on there (4.something) after seeing somewhere else that the newer versions control the AppleHDA kext or something along those lines.

Hey presto, my audio devices show up again, and are working straight away.
I noted that the AppleHDA kext is still there, but the HDAenabler one is gone now, so Chimera must do away with that I guess.
Please feel free to correct me if I'm talking absolute rubbish about this stuff though as I'm really just guessing with it all and fumbling around in the dark.

Still, it's working, thus, very happy!!!

Except.......

The ethernet is now dead so no internet. Bugger.
Off we go again.

But anyway, the challenge was to get a working Mic plugged in really before this problem second time round. I now have a line in showing as the only input device, and I have a Mic plugged into the blue socket for line in, but nothing appears to come through the mic/input sadly. No idea why. I know a mic into a line in is usually more quiet than in a mic socket, but this is giving nothing at all - no indication it is present. :(

Ethernet fixed - chimera must have done something funky as there were two ether kext versions in there so I got rid of the non specific 81xx and left the proper 8111 one and it was fine after a reboot.

So everything working great now again, EXCEPT, no mic still.

I have one input item showing (line in - blue socket), and have tried a couple of mics in that but they just don't seem to do anything. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back