Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo M93p Tiny
CPU
i7-4765T
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi guys

Finally decided to upgrade my machine from mavericks to yosemite because I wanted to try running Elite Dangerous on it.
The upgrade has pretty much gone ok using the guide on here except I just can't get any audio hardware to work.

This board uses the 887 kext, and I've used the latest multibeast to add this, but just after it confirms that it installed ok, I get this error.

So I don't know what's going wrong.

Any ideas? I do a lot of audio stuff on this machine so would be great to fix this.

I used to always find on previous upgrades that the audio gave me grief if I used any version of multibeast newer than 5.02 (never figured out why), but I've tried that as well and get the same fault so I'm a bit stuck.

Thanks loads if someone can help!

Ok, I'm slightly more puzzled now. I've removed the kext, rebooted a couple of times, then used (latest) multibeast to add back on the 887 kext (current). It says successfully installed, but no sound, and both before and after a reboot, there's no sign of the corresponding kext in the extensions folder.

I didn't get the error this time, but it just seems to say it's installed it but hasn't done. I'm confused!

Gonna try with the legacy one instead in case that does something....

*edit* no luck with the legacy one, nor with HDA etc.

Why can I not get a kext to install for this?!!

Yosemite changed the default sound preferences. See my post here. :thumbup:

Thanks - removed those and tried installing again but no joy - it just doesn't put the requested kexts into the extensions directory despite saying it's installed successfully. It's weird!!

I'll try that thing you suggested but today the machine has also decided it has no internet connection either as it's not getting an ip address. It worked fine previously and since the upgrade to yosemite, but this would happen occasionally in the past and I never found a cure but eventually it seems to sort itself out after rebooting everything in the house potentially to adjust the balance of the universe or whatever was upsetting it.

I'll have to muck about with USB sticks etc to try that so I'll report back later.

I think chimera is the bootloader. Can't recall offhand but I think when I did the USB stick install of Yosemite as per the guide on here it was the bootloader that was available to add from there.

You sir, are a legend, thankyou!!

I looked on the linked thread and saw this bit:

"Mandatory Add: Kernel Flags/kext-dev-mode=1
MultiBeast 7.0 and newer/Drivers/Customize/Boot Options/Kext Dev Mode"

So I ran that and rebooted, and hey presto! Loads of output devices and my audio working perfectly. Superb!!

Shame the ethernet doesn't work now for some reason but I'm hoping that will fix itself if I leave it a while then swear/threaten it.
I've tried giving it a manual IP address and the icon has changed from amber to green, but still doesn't work. Grrrr!

Thanks though - that's great on the audio. :)

And as if by magic a few hours later, I've just changed it back from "Manual with DHCP" to just normal DHCP and it's instantly picked up an ip address and begun working.

Not a yosemite bug, just is something it does once in a while. Annoying, but usually sorts itself out more or less!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back