i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a new H77-DS3H system running a Core i7 3770, EVGA GTX 660 Ti and 8 GB RAM (2x4 GB).
I'm trying to boot Lion using the standard iBoot w/ Retail DVD with 4GB of RAM installed, but no matter which flag I choose to boot it just rolls down some text and the screen goes dark. That's it, nothing happens. I tried fiddling with the BIOS setup and I even tried an illegal distro. Same thing happened.
Rolling in an old HDD that contained a pre-installed Mountain Lion 10.8.1 it gave me a kernel panic caused by FakeSMC.kext.

What could possibly do this? I tried booting up with 8GB of RAM but the graphics were messed up I couldn't read anything. Help?

I have a new H77-DS3H system running a Core i7 3770, EVGA GTX 660 Ti and 8 GB RAM (2x4 GB).
I'm trying to boot Lion using the standard iBoot w/ Retail DVD with 4GB of RAM installed, but no matter which flag I choose to boot it just rolls down some text and the screen goes dark. That's it, nothing happens. I tried fiddling with the BIOS setup and I even tried an illegal distro. Same thing happened.
Rolling in an old HDD that contained a pre-installed Mountain Lion 10.8.1 it gave me a kernel panic caused by FakeSMC.kext.

What could possibly do this? I tried booting up with 8GB of RAM but the graphics were messed up I couldn't read anything. Help?

Lion did not and had never been released with a DVD. Do you mean you are trying to install Snow Leopard? If so it won't work as Snow Leopard is not compatible with your system.

You are using an Ivy Bridge system and you need Mountain Lion. However, you need access to a real Mac running Snow Leopard or higher to access the Mac App Store, download Mountain Lion and make a UniBeast Mountain Lion stick.

OK I think I now know why I didn't get any reply so far. I had a 'distro' and an old hard disk that already contained ML. Both didn't work at all. I don't have access to a Mac so I'm kind of stumped. I can purchase OS X Snow Leopard but how can I get it working?

Just read this somewhere online: ""The reason you are getting a black screen is because [Snow Leopard] does not have the Ivy Bridge kernel. I would suggest installing OS X Mountain Lion as soon as it comes out because it has native Ivy Bridge support.""

Shoot! I must find a way to install OS X. :/

Just read this somewhere online: ""The reason you are getting a black screen is because [Snow Leopard] does not have the Ivy Bridge kernel. I would suggest installing OS X Mountain Lion as soon as it comes out because it has native Ivy Bridge support.""

Shoot! I must find a way to install OS X. :/

As I have said before, you need access to a real Mac or a hacktinosh running Snow Leopard or higher in order to access the Mac App Store to download Mountain Lion and make an UniBeast USB stick to boot and install Mountain Lion.

If you do not have access to one, do you have any friends that have Macs or can you access a Mac in a public place like a library?

Can't even install snow leopard on H77-DS3H

Have same issue, did you figure out how to download snow leopard on an h77? Don't know how to go into safe mode with this board, I NEED HELP!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back