Contribute
Register

Can't enable internal microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got an combinated jack for micro and headphones?

not sure what you mean, my mic is internal i also have a port for headphones that work, and the built in mic works just fine

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait :(

Now, I lost internal speaker for some reason.
Removed CodecCommander, rebooted but no success to make it work again.
When trying to rebuild cache with:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I get this output:
Code:
Bens-MacBook-Air:~ benraz$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooI2C.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
AppleHSSPISupport.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssSpiController' not found.
AppleHSSPISupport.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleHSSPISupport.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssSpiController' not found.
AppleHSSPIHIDDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleHPM.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController' not found.
AppleHPM.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext
AppleHPM.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController' not found.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHSSPISupport; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHSSPIHIDDriver; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHPM; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: F46A30743542A73D757BF582056A3565
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

There's a weird error in the end so I can't rebuild the cache (or maybe I can?)
*Lpss kexts were removed so my I2C trackpad could work.

Anything I can do?

e.g. F540l has got just one jack. It is a combination for line in and external microphone, for example a headset.
It seems that some ASUS mobos (and also NBs of other manufacturers) handle audio input quite differently.

It would be nice, if you could send me your patched HDA.kext. I would like to compare this to mine as mine is fully working but does not handle the mic (but does recognise it as input source...)

e.g. F540l has got just one jack. It is a combination for line in and external microphone, for example a headset.
It seems that some ASUS mobos (and also NBs of other manufacturers) handle audio input quite differently.

It would be nice, if you could send me your patched HDA.kext. I would like to compare this to mine as mine is fully working but does not handle the mic (but does recognise it as input source...)
Attached my patched kext :)

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 97

you can create one by using the tool from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/ thats all i did and used the fully patched applehda it created

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately I was a bit unclear. I've got a working AppleHDA created the same way, as you did.
Still there is no way in activating internal microphone. What I would like to check, is how your kext adresses the RTealtek device and compare ist to my version...

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately I was a bit unclear. I've got a working AppleHDA created the same way, as you did.
Still there is no way in activating internal microphone. What I would like to check, is how your kext adresses the RTealtek device and compare ist to my version...
sure :)

Attachments

• MironeAudio.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
@Ben: Sorry, can't help you with your cache problem. I stayed on El Capitan...
@feartech: Thanks for your files. Unfortunately they produce exactly the same effect (but still work on all other parts), so sound seems to be handled differently on the X540 Notebook and others...

I am not fully done with testing all functions as I had to redo some steps (due to sound problems), so e.g. haven't checked external mic and hdmi output and so on. maybe I stumble over some kind of solution. I will keep you informed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back