Contribute
Register

Can't download High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks trs96. There isn't an El Capitan listed in my purchases in the App Store. However, I do have an "Install OS X El Capitan" icon on my dock. I must have downloaded it and decided not to run it. Do I need to delete that one in order to see it again in the app store? Also, how much harder is the process by going from El Capitan to HS instead of going directly to HS? I'm not sure El Capitan can handle my hardware (i7-8700k, gtx1080, etc.).

Thanks trs96. There isn't an El Capitan listed in my purchases in the App Store. However, I do have an "Install OS X El Capitan" icon on my dock. I must have downloaded it and decided not to run it. Do I need to delete that one in order to see it again in the app store?
If that icon is in your dock, check your applications folder to see if it is there already.

Also, how much harder is the process by going from El Capitan to HS instead of going directly to HS? I'm not sure El Capitan can handle my hardware (i7-8700k, gtx1080, etc.).
No, you can't install El Capitan on hardware that new. That's why the site rules require you to put your hardware into your profile https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/ so we know what you are working with. You may have to use a friend's newer than 2010 Mac to download High Sierra and make your installer.

Duly noted. I didn't create a profile earlier because all of my components are still in their boxes. I'm building my hackintosh this weekend. I've got a buddy who will let me use his computer. Thanks for all the help.

I can't download High Sierra from the App store because it's already running. Please help. Deleting the update files did nto solve the problem for me. how do I use Unibeast when I cannot download from the app store?

I can't download High Sierra from the App store because it's already running. Please help. Deleting the update files did nto solve the problem for me. how do I use Unibeast when I cannot download from the app store?
If you are still using the same AppleID that you downloaded HS with previously it should be under the Purchased tab. Try re-downloading it from there. Ignore any messages that say it's already installed and download anyway.

screen-shot-21-jpg.344306

If that is not an option borrow someone else's Mac or CustoMac running Mt. Lion through Sierra that is a 2012 or newer Mac model.

Wow you really make it seem so easy here. Seems so many users can't even get past the first step. I've tried both High Sierra and Sierra. Both lock up at 'copying files' stage. I've set and re-set the BIOS according to users and this site's specifications. I've tried using different USB flash drives. Erasing and erasing and re-formatting. etc etc etc. etc - It's so Easy! I'm running High Sierra on an iMac 2015.

I've tried using different USB flash drives. Erasing and erasing and re-formatting. etc etc etc. etc - It's so Easy! I'm running High Sierra on an iMac 2015.

Is your problem that you can't download High Sierra or that you can't make a Unibeast installer with it ?

Here's what you said before:
I can't download High Sierra from the App store because it's already running. Please help. Deleting the update files did nto solve the problem for me. how do I use Unibeast

I just tested downloading HS on my Dell 7010 CustoMac and had no problems even though it is already installed.

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.18.31 PM.png

Wow you really make it seem so easy here. Seems so many users can't even get past the first step. I've tried both High Sierra and Sierra. Both lock up at 'copying files' stage. I've set and re-set the BIOS according to users and this site's specifications. I've tried using different USB flash drives. Erasing and erasing and re-formatting. etc etc etc. etc - It's so Easy! I'm running High Sierra on an iMac 2015.

Have you tried different USB ports?

Thank you all for writing here - very surprising to actually get replies. Yes I've tried different USB ports. High Sierra just hangs - left it overnight and woke up to the same screen. tried Sierra and it boots in circles. I get an apple screen then back to clover back to boot menu to apple screen then to windows. Here's the tail of log file it it helps anyone. Also attached is screen shot of application folder 'Install MacOS High Sierra'

I followed the BIOS setup from here
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i7-8700k-amd-vega-56.239969/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.30.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.30.55 PM.jpg
    914.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.38.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.38.09 PM.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back