Graphics
Nvidia Quadro 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Using this guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html
I've been trying to load Lion onto my usb drive using unibeast for lion 1.7

I get to step 16, but unibeast doesn't offer the option to check "Mac App Store "Install Mac OS X Lion" App".

It just offers "Legacy USB Support" or "Laptop Support" to check.

I then continue without checking either. I enter my password. It says it's preparing the disk and then gives an error page "The Installation Failed."

I have not been able to get beyond this point. On multiple occasions.

I have a 16 gb usb drive that was formatted according to the directions. I've also tried formatting the usb drive using guid partition. No go. The Install Mac OSX Lion packaged is sitting in the Applications folder.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Did you download the wrong Unibeast ?

I've been having the exact same problem......tried every Unibeast I could find but to no avail!!
Help!!!
Conrad.

I've been having the exact same problem......tried every Unibeast I could find but to no avail!!
Help!!!
Conrad.

If you fill out your profile with what you have and say what you are trying to do / have done / what's happening,
you will stand more chance of getting help.

true----- details.....I have successfully installed Snow Leopard and all appears to be running fine! What I am trying to do is upgrade to 'Lion' using an Apple thumbdrive. I formatted a spare (32gb) usb drive as per the blog 'UniBeast: InstallMac OS X Lion Using and all-in-one bootable USB drive' but when I start Unibeast, select the destination drive and then click 'continue' the list on the right-hand side of uniBeast only has two boxes to tick 'Laptop Support' and 'Legacy USB Support' - no mention of my Thumbdrive even though it is mounted an visible on my desktop....
Hope this helps.....

thanks again,
Conrad.

Hi,

I am new to this forum, trying to install my first hackintosh, been using Black Macbook for 5 years already.
I have exactly the same problem when tried Unibeast - Lion 4.7.0 on my MacBook (with Lion onboard). There are only two installation types available at step 16 (Legacy USB Support & Laptop Support) as mentioned by johnny & conrad.
I have Install Mac OS X Lion in Applications, but it's not showing up in Unibeast.
Result is also "The Installation failed."

If you are doing this on the hardware in your profile it will never work. AMD CPUs are not supported.

Please read and understand the rules - http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Using an Intel Core i7 3930k. Don't know why my profile says that. Regardless, that's not even close to the problem yet. I can't even get unibeast to load osx onto the usb drive.

I'm using a mac pro with snow leopard to try to run the usb install and I can't even get it to show the Mac App Store OSX Lion option when I try to run unibeast.

I am using Unibeast for Lion 1.7 to try to install Lion onto a usb drive that was formatted according to the guide for 10.7 Installation.

Using an Intel Core i7 3930k. Don't know why my profile says that. Regardless, that's not even close to the problem yet. I can't even get unibeast to load osx onto the usb drive.

I'm using a mac pro with snow leopard to try to run the usb install and I can't even get it to show the Mac App Store OSX Lion option when I try to run unibeast.

I am using Unibeast for Lion 1.7 to try to install Lion onto a usb drive that was formatted according to the guide for 10.7 Installation.

OK, seems to be a little misunderstanding here - the install Lion app from the apple store that is in your app folder is the default target for creating UniBeast USB installer. The UniBeast app will see it and create the installer. You do not need to select it.

If your USB flash drive is larger than 8Gb, then partition it with the first partition being 8Gb with MBR partition tables and Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) format

The options you can select when running the UniBeast app are mostly for older motherboards where you might need legacy USB support in the resulting USB installer to use with the older USB port on older boards.

Make sure your USB flash is USB2.0 and make sure it is in a 2,0 USB port on your mainboard.

OK, seems to be a little misunderstanding here - the install Lion app from the apple store that is in your app folder is the default target for creating UniBeast USB installer. The UniBeast app will see it and create the installer. You do not need to select it.

If your USB flash drive is larger than 8Gb, then partition it with the first partition being 8Gb with MBR partition tables and Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) format

The options you can select when running the UniBeast app are mostly for older motherboards where you might need legacy USB support in the resulting USB installer to use with the older USB port on older boards.

Make sure your USB flash is USB2.0 and make sure it is in a 2,0 USB port on your mainboard.

Thanks for the help.

The mac pro model is from december of 2011. I think the ports are all usb 2. I'll double check. The first usb drive i tried to use was an 8 gb drive. When i partitioned it, the final volume size was 7.8 gb using the MBR selection. I thought that might have been the problem, so i got a larger one. However, I have not tried partitioning with an 8 gb partition, i just made the whole thing one partition. I'll try an 8gb next. I'm surprised unibeast would be so fussy about that.

Anyway, i'll try it again and report back. I'll also try to do it on a couple of different computers if it fails this time, just to see if there's something fussy about the one i'm trying to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back