Contribute
Register

Can't create bootloader for Lion on usb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, unfortunately, having problems. I can't get to the bootloader when booting from USB. The bootloader creation process itself seems to run OK (no visible errors).

I am using UniBeast ML 1.7.0 with a freshly downloaded copy of ML 10.8.3 from the App Store. All USB apart from keyboard and mouse are disconnected. Have followed the "UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC" guide.

After selecting my Kingston 16GB stick as the boot device, I am welcomed with a black screen with the flashing "_" character (the same one you see in command prompt on windows). No errors, no nothing :)

Spec: i5 2500k, ASUS P8P67 PRO, EVGA GTX670 Sig2, 2x4GB G.Skull DDRIII.

Got mine working!

Redownloaded Lion from appstore using lan instead of wifi

And i switch my system to use American language and formats

Dont know if the laterone helped, but the Unibeast was sucessful

Congrats to Ullason2!!

I've been silent on this topic for 2 reasons 1) work - had to do it or the kids won't get fed :lolno: and 2) was waiting for a SSD to arrive to run the install from there...

Therein lay a problem in that I couldn't even get the Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to install. Tried every kext I could find for graphics, sound, motherboard etc...... Even started taking pictures of kernel panics (just to scare my iPhone!)....

Problem solved with a bios update...thought I had done it a while back..... but once I installed the F8 bios update...all went sooooo smoothly...... Didn't attempt the upgrade to Mountain Lion just yet but the bios update cured so many other problems that I expect the upgrade will go quite smoothly (uniBeast is already recognising the upgrade where it couldn't find it before!)...

Thanks to all for their suggestions along the way!

Conrad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back