Graphics
HD7950
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I have a lenovo Z580 i5-3210m IvyBridge, HD4000 running Mavs 10.9.5 and Windows 8.

I have both Win 8 and Mac installed on the same SSD. Windows is on the first partition and Mac is on the second. I believe Windows is on a UEFI partition, and Mac is not.

The problem is, no matter how many times I run the Chameleon setup, when turning on the laptop, it boots straight to windows, just after I see the GPT status messages.

There are no default partitions selected in the boot.plist.

Thanks everyone,

-Jack:)

I have both Win 8 and Mac installed on the same SSD. Windows is on the first partition and Mac is on the second. I believe Windows is on a UEFI partition, and Mac is not.

First of all, there is no such thing as a UEFI partition -- UEFI is a BIOS/bootloader spec, not a spec for partitioning storage. One might refer to a partition as GPT, but even that is technically incorrect, as partitioning is something done to a disk... that is it is an attribute of the disk, not the partitions themselves.

The OS X installer requires the target partition to be part of a GPT partitioned disk.

The problem is, no matter how many times I run the Chameleon setup, when turning on the laptop, it boots straight to windows, just after I see the GPT status messages.

You are probably running into a variation of the boot0 problem: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Hi again, sorry about the mistake. new to partitions etc.

Anyway, I tried both methods suggested in the link with no success. Just to clear things up, when turning on the laptop I see:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done

Then it boots to windows.

Thanks again

Hi again, sorry about the mistake. new to partitions etc.

Anyway, I tried both methods suggested in the link with no success. Just to clear things up, when turning on the laptop I see:

boot0: GPT
boot0: done

Then it boots to windows.

Thanks again

See boot0 link provided in post #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back