Motherboard
Gigabyte H310M S2
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there, I just got my Monterey macOS working. It was so slow and freezes whenever I tried to minimize or maximize a window. I had to close the entire window for it to be usable.

I then checked whether it was using my UHD Graphic or not. I found that it was using "Graphics 8 mb" and that I had my Internal Graphics option set to Auto in BIOS, which made disabled my iGPU entirely. I got it activated and updated all the drivers, then followed the OpenCore iGPU Patching Guide. I did everything in the guide on Windows, then tried to boot back into macOS, but it wouldn't let me. (Attached)

Note: I also have a GTX 1650 Super. I know it is not supported on any version of Mac, but maybe that might be the problem. I can't get around deactivating it as I need it when I boot back into Windows.

I don't think it is in any of my EFI or my Kexts. However, If anyone wants me to send them I will reply with them attached.

Specifications

Motherboard: GIGABYTE H310M S2
Processor: Intel Core i5-9600K
iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
eGPU: GTX 1650 Super (not supported)

I know it isn't the place for it, but if anyone can help me in getting to boot without the USB boot drive I would appreciate that.

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230605_111659.jpg
    IMG_20230605_111659.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hey there, I just got my Monterey macOS working. It was so slow and freezes every time I try to minimize or maximize a window. I had to close the entire the window for it to be usable.

I then checked whether it was using my UHD Graphic or not. I found that it was using "Graphics 8 mb" and that I had my Internal Graphics option set to Auto in BIOS, which made disabled my iGPU entirely. I got it activated and updated all the drivers, then followed the OpenCore iGPU Patching Guide. I did everything in the guide on windows, then tried to boot back into macOS but it wouldn't let me. (Attached)

Note: I also have a GTX 1650 Super. I know it is not supported on any version of mac, but maybe that might be the problem. I really can't get around deactivating it as I need it when I boot back into Windows.

I don't think it is in any of my EFI or my Kexts. However If anyone wants me to send them I will reply with them attached.

Specifications

Motherboard: GIGABYTE H310M H 2.0
Processor: Intel Core i5-9600K
iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
eGPU: GTX 1650 Super (not supported)

I know it isn't the place for it, but if anyone can help me in getting to boot without the USB boot drive I would really appreciate that.
may not need:
framebuffer-stolenmem
if you can set DVMT to 64MB in your BIOS

also test 00009B3E for AAPL,ig-platform-id

make sure to use the HDMI on your motherboard

may also require a SSDT to disable your nvidia:

may not need:
framebuffer-stolenmem
if you can set DVMT to 64MB in your BIOS

also test 00009B3E for AAPL,ig-platform-id

make sure to use the HDMI on your motherboard

may also require a SSDT to disable your nvidia:
Thank you for your response. My motherboard's BIOS, somehow, doesn't have a DVMT option. Does framebuffer-stolenmem do the job or do I need something else?

I will test the APPL,ig-platfrom-id you sent, but I guess the problem is mainly that I am trying to boot from the HDMI in the Nvidia. I ordered a VGA because my motherboard doesn't have HDMI. It'll arrive tomorrow and I will make sure to update you.

As for the SSDT, I am just a new OpenCore user and that guide uses terminology I don't understand at all, so if there is a simpler yet working solution (even with some downsides). It would be better for me.

Thank you again for your help.

Thank you for your response. My motherboard's BIOS, somehow, doesn't have a DVMT option. Does framebuffer-stolenmem do the job or do I need something else?

I will test the APPL,ig-platfrom-id you sent, but I guess the problem is mainly that I am trying to boot from the HDMI in the Nvidia. I ordered a VGA because my motherboard doesn't have HDMI. It'll arrive tomorrow and I will make sure to update you.

As for the SSDT, I am just a new OpenCore user and that guide uses terminology I don't understand at all, so if there is a simpler yet working solution (even with some downsides). It would be better for me.

Thank you again for your help.
vga is not supported

REALLY??? Is there a way to get around it or do I have to change the motherboard?

No, you don't have to change motherboard. Just add a compatible GPU.

Or, if you don't want that then you might use an earlier version of macOS, but I would guess you don't want to go that route.

VGA is analogue and Apple went fully digital years ago.

No, you don't have to change motherboard. Just add a compatible GPU.

Or, if you don't want that then you might use an earlier version of macOS, but I would guess you don't want to go that route.

VGA is analogue and Apple went fully digital years ago.
I didn't want to downgrade my macOS, but getting a new supported GPU is quite expensive where I live... so, I guess I'll try an earlier version of macOS that supports VGA and see if I can get it to work.

Thank you for your help.

I didn't want to downgrade my macOS, but getting a new supported GPU is quite expensive where I live... so, I guess I'll try an earlier version of macOS that supports VGA and see if I can get it to work.

Thank you for your help.
a very old version that would support your VGA may not support your newer CPU though...

a very old version that would support your VGA may not support your newer CPU though...
Sorry for the late reply...

However, if that is the case, I don't think macOS is the way for me. I might try again once I upgrade my motherboard or if I get a supported GPU.

Thank you.

Back