Graphics
Ati HD 6790
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been trying to fix graphics acceleration for days.

CPU: INTEL G4500 (FAKE ID: 0X0306A0)
GPU: Intel HD530 (ig-platform-id : 19120000 , injectIntel)
SMBIOS: 17.1
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B150M-HDV

I have clean install of High Sierra.
Latest lilu and graphicsFixup,appleALC
Patches: GFX0->IGPU, HECI->IMEI, HDAS->HDEF

While bar is loading a spinning wheel appears and doesn't change to login screen. With -v the message is
"gIOScreenLockstate 3"

With -liluoff I get a black screen instead.
Currently only booting with fakeid:0x12345678.

I've tried multiple fakecpuid, ig-platform-id, SMBIOS but nothing's fixes the problem.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:

While bar is loading a spinning wheel appears and doesn't change to login screen. With -v the message is
"gIOScreenLockstate 3"

I've tried multiple fakecpuid, ig-platform-id, SMBIOS but nothing's fixes the problem.

Any ideas ?

If you upload your CLOVER as a compressed file from your System disk , I can check to see if I can help.

I attached a photo of the output screen without verbose.
I removed kexts and other things from the zip file to reduce size, you'll find preboot.log and my exported dsdt from clover. In the config there are several disabled patches for the frame buffer that I've tried.

I also included an ioregistry file from boot with -liluoff and intel fakeid 0x12345678

Kexts in S/L/E
LILU 1.2.2
IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2
FakePCID
FakePCID_Intel_HD_Graphics
AppleALC 1.2.1

Attachments

• 15132452106380.jpg
    15132452106380.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 240
  • Clover And Ioregistry.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 110
I attached a photo of the output screen without verbose.
I removed kexts and other things from the zip file to reduce size, you'll find preboot.log and my exported dsdt from clover. In the config there are several disabled patches for the frame buffer that I've tried.

I also included an ioregistry file from boot with -liluoff and intel fakeid 0x12345678

Kexts in S/L/E
LILU 1.2.2
IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2
FakePCID
FakePCID_Intel_HD_Graphics
AppleALC 1.2.1
  • I would suggest to add the kexts in your /S/L/E to /L/E (using Kext Wizard) and also add them in /CLOVER/kexts/Other.
  • If I have any numbered folders in CLOVER/kexts, I would Send them to Trash" leaving ONLY "Other" folder for Clover to use during boot time.
  • I have uploaded an edited screen shot of your config.plist> Devices section for you to try and see if that will help you to get full QE/CI.
  • During this trial boot after all editing, I will suggest using Verbose Boot to diagnose any problem by screen imaging of problem boot screen for your own record and/ or Forum upload for consultation.
  • I suggest adding to config.plist > Boot>Args : [√]disablegraphicsfirmware

Attachments

• Edited Devices_config.png
    Edited Devices_config.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 334

"gIOScreenLockstate 3"

Any ideas ?

Pentium base HD530/HD630 can run EL Capitan OOB.
Upon now, my Pentium G4500 / HD530 have never success running Sierra/High Sierra with QE/CI, but it can use for IQSV, HW video H264/H265 decode/encode.

Detail see below link.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/kaby-lake-hd-630-problem.217965/page-4

Ok guys thanks for the help. I don't see any solution here, i just ordered an nvidia GT 1030. I tried a friend's GT710 and I can boot with Graphics Acceleration.

How does the HD530 is used for IQSV, HW video H264/H265 decode/encode, does it need any config.plist change ? Is it worth it when you have a dedicated graphics card ?

Ok guys thanks for the help. I don't see any solution here, i just ordered an nvidia GT 1030. I tried a friend's GT710 and I can boot with Graphics Acceleration.

How does the HD530 is used for IQSV, HW video H264/H265 decode/encode, does it need any config.plist change ? Is it worth it when you have a dedicated graphics card ?

GT 1030 HW video decoding does not work in macOS, need HD530 work as off line renderer, use empty frame ig-platform-id 0x19120001 to enable IQSV

GT 1030 HW video decoding does not work in macOS, need HD530 work as off line renderer, use empty frame ig-platform-id 0x19120001 to enable IQSV

HD530 is not useless after all. I enabled IQSV with GT710 for now.
For anyone wondering I installed shiki kext added boot flag shikigva=4, added ig-platform-id 0x19120001 and injectIntel in config.plist , enabled multi gpu in bios with 128m shared ram , run "sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force", rebooted and tested IQSV with VDADecoderChecker.

Intel Power Gadget shows activity when playing mp4 videos in VLC and Quicktime but not with mkv. Also youtube videos have hardware decoding with Safari but not in chrome.

HD530 is not useless after all. I enabled IQSV with GT710 for now.
For anyone wondering I installed shiki kext added boot flag shikigva=4, added ig-platform-id 0x19120001 and injectIntel in config.plist , enabled multi gpu in bios with 128m shared ram , run "sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force", rebooted and tested IQSV with VDADecoderChecker.

Intel Power Gadget shows activity when playing mp4 videos in VLC and Quicktime but not with mkv. Also youtube videos have hardware decoding with Safari but not in chrome.

Youtube videos in Safari using H264 format HW decoding supported, in Chrome is VP9 format HW decoding not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back