Contribute
Register

Cannot install Sierra from App Store - Clover Legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the OS X/EFI-Backups/r4184/2017-09-01-23h58/EFI/CLOVER folder there is another config.plist

NOTE: I also have another folder in the r4184 directory called 2017-09-01-21h56 which also has another config.plist but that could be another clover install I tried to do twice?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 110
I have noticed that in the OS X/EFI-Backups/r3320/2017-09-01-21h54/EFI/CLOVER folder it contains a config.plist with the mac pro in it.

Could this be the actual config.plist being read?
No - It is, as the name implies a backup.

Thanks P1LGRIM - any idea for where the config.plist is being read from if it does not recognise the the one in my EFI/CLOVER folder?

When I ran mutibeast it updated something to iMac 14,2 but I am not sure what file it did that to?

Thanks P1LGRIM - any idea for where the config.plist is being read from if it does not recognise the the one in my EFI/CLOVER folder?
None, If you cannot find it sitting in front of it what chance do I stand ?

I'm not sure if I should be looking in another directory or not hence why I am asking.

If the config.plist is either copied or stored somewhere other than the OS X/EFI/CLOVER folder then I could look there but I do not know if this is the case?

Also if when I run multibeast and change the system definition, does this change the config.plist or something else where it updates the config because I have ran this twice and it does not seem to work.

So editing the config.plist in the OS X/EFI/CLOVER via the latest clover does update the system details in about this mac nor does using multibeast.

This is the reason why I am asking these questions.

If you install Clover in Legacy mode the config.plist is located in the /EFI/CLOVER/ folder in the root of your system disk.
If you install Clover in UEFI mode the config.plist is located in the /EFI/CLOVER/ folder in the EFI partition.
The same applies to a USB flash drive installer.

Last edited:
It will be on the root because my motherboard X58 did not have an option for UEFI as per the el capitan desktop guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orted-intel-based-pc.172672/#alt_post_install)

It seems that multibeast is changing something but it must not be my main config.plist as it does not change the system definition in about this mac.

Is there a way of checking which config.plist is being read in clover or mulitbeast? I was thinking of reinstalling mutibeast with clover legacy if nothing else works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back