Contribute
Register

Cannot install Sierra from App Store - Clover Legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD5-FB
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
I am following this guide -
- I originally used the el capitan guide from the same guy 2 years ago.

I am getting the "This version of macOS 10.12.6 cannot be installed on this computer."

I changed by settings in clover from Mac Pro 4,1 to iMac 14,2 first using the latest clover which did not work.

I followed the multibeast suggestion and changed the system definition to iMac 14,2 and installed it to my local disk that I boot from which did not work.

The system still shows as Mac Pro 4,1 and the old serial number (about this mac).

When I first installed el capitan, I believe I had to do so using clover legacy because I have a Gigabyte x58A-UD5 rev 2.0 card. When I mount EFI in clover, I do not have the following directory EFI/EFI (there is not EFI directory in the first EFI folder). I do have an EFI folder on the root on my boot disk which has a clover directory in there. This is where the config.plist is.

I do seem to have another config.plist in the OS X/EFI/Clover/OEM/SystemProductName folder but this does not contain the serial number so must be an extra one created.

I have no idea what is happening or even whether any clover or multibeast settings for 14,2 are even being saved.

Attached is my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 218
still having this problem, can anyone help?

Long time hackintosh user but a noob.

My system spec is in sig.

As I have a Gigabyte x58A-UD5 rev 2.0 motherboard, I recall using clover legacy when creating my el capitan USB. I have downloaded the latest clover and attempted to edit my config.plist which it cannot find in the following directory EFI/EFI (there is not EFI directory in the first EFI folder).

I do have an EFI folder on the root on my boot disk (OS X/EFI/Clover - the root directory) which has a clover directory in there. This is where the config.plist is. So I load this into the clover and change from Mac pro 4,1 to iMac 14,2 in smbios. This seems to have changed it in the config.plist but after a restart it still will not allow me to download OS Sierra from the app store.

I found the following guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acpro3-1-macpro4-1-system-definitions.200868/) and as Tony suggested, used Multibeast for el capitan to change the system build definitions - this has not worked either.

I am not sure why it is not updating, as I used clover legacy when I first installed el capitan, is it saving my config.plist somewhere else that I do not know about?

I recall using clover legacy when creating my el capitan USB. I have downloaded the latest clover and attempted to edit my config.plist which it cannot find in the following directory EFI/EFI (there is not EFI directory in the first EFI folder).
In Legacy mode Clover is located in the /EFI folder on your system disk instead of the EFI partition.

Attach your config.plist.

I have legacy Bios, and there is an EFI partition where Clover installs itself. There is no EFI folder on my system disk. I do not use Uni or Multibeast. APFS is a different matter.

Last edited:
In Legacy mode Clover is located in the /EFI folder on your system disk instead of the EFI partition.

Attach your config.plist.

Thanks P1LGRIM, I have attached the config.plist

It was in my OS X/EFI/Clover folder but I also have another config.plist in the OS X/EFI/Clover/OEM/SystemProductName folder but this does not contain the serial number so must be an extra one created.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 187
I have legacy Bios, and there is an EFI partition where Clover installs itself. There is no EFI folder on my system disk. I do not use Uni or Multibeast. APFS is a different matter.

I have the following on my boot disk:

1. EFI which contains the folders Boot & Clover

2. EFI backups which contains 2 folder: r3320 & r4184. Each of these folders have their own EFI & Clover folder containing a config.plist

Is this what you mean?

Thanks P1LGRIM, I have attached the config.plist

It was in my OS X/EFI/Clover folder but I also have another config.plist in the OS X/EFI/Clover/OEM/SystemProductName folder but this does not contain the serial number so must be an extra one created.
This config.plist is indeed configured for an iMac14,2, if your About this Mac shows a MacPro4,1 then this is not the config.plist that your are booting with.

This config.plist is indeed configured for an iMac14,2, if your About this Mac shows a MacPro4,1 then this is not the config.plist that your are booting with.

My about this mac shows Mac Pro (early 2009) still, I cannot think of where it could be reading the other config.plist from.

I have attached the config.plist from this directory: OS X/EFI/Clover/OEM/SystemProductName but not sure if this affects it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 171
I have noticed that in the OS X/EFI-Backups/r3320/2017-09-01-21h54/EFI/CLOVER folder it contains a config.plist with the mac pro in it.

Could this be the actual config.plist being read?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 249
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back