Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys...

I'm having issues with my Hackintosh. I've had it up and running 10 months with no issues but now any package I run it fails. During the "Configuring Installation..." phase it quickly changes to an installation failed error and advises me to contact the manufacturer. This happens for every package. I've tried repairing permissions in Disk Utility and with Multibeast to no avail. I think it's definitely permission related. I've tried changing the permissions in terminal with chmod but it says that it isn't allowed. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Look in preferences->security and see if you have the app store only checked for installing apps.

Try this:

Apple included a bad certificate in Lion. Go to System Preferences -> Date & Time and roll your calendar back a couple of years. If you have the date and time automatically updated, turn that off (uncheck it). Then run your package. Afterward, reset your date and time settings.

@GoingBald: I don't see an option in Security for app-store only...

@rlf156: Tried but it didn't work.

Any other ideas? I really don't wanna reinstall OS X....

I have the exact same problem too! I can't even install Enoch on my hdd partition because of this and I need to use my usb to boot into OS X. No packages seem to work and it's very annoying. I hope someone finds the solution.

@GoingBald: I don't see an option in Security for app-store only...
You are looking for "Install from anywhere" to be checked on the Security -> General page to allow you to install unsigned apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back