4. iBook
  5. iMac
  6. Performa
  7. Power Mac
  8. PowerBook
  9. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I'm trying to get catalina going on an older Dell Optiplex 3011 AIO with an i7-3770K and Intel HD 4000 graphics. I have the installer USB going and it seems to boot all the way through - but at the point where normally the verbose text goes away and the apple logo appears, the display just shuts off, backlight and everything. I was able to eventually get everything installed to the SSD using the -igfxvesa flag, that does bring the screen up at full res but very laggy and only 5mb of VRAM detected. No acceleration obviously. I've tried googling around and cant find too much on the issue, but I've been trying different AAPL,ig-platform-id's and added igfxonln=1 to my boot-args. So far nothing has changed my issue. Does anyone have any ideas of what else i should try? I can PM you my EFI as well if you'd be willing to take a look for me.

Thanks!!!

Post a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using.

Just redact/delete the Serial number, Board Serial number/MLB, ROM SystemUUID/SmUUID from your config.plist before you post a copy here.

The other information in the EFI is not sensitive and can be shared with no issues.

Hi there, sorry i didn't see this!! After lengthy conversation on another forum and making very little progress, i decided to put the project on hold and moved the machine to a shelf. Soon as i get a chance though I'll pull it back out and grab the EFI off of it if you're still willing to take a look for me!

Thanks!

Sure I’ll have a look when you are back playing with the AIO system.

So here's my EFI, the system does boot with this even with full graphics acceleration, but the internal display still just shuts off. The only way i can tell the graphics are even working is through remote desktop, or a USB displaylink dock. I did inject display EDID and it does detect the "Optiplex 3011" display at the proper resolution, shown in the included screenshots.

Edit: whoops, forgot screenshots!
Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 12.17.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 12.17.38 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 12.17.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 12.17.16 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
So here's my EFI, the system does boot with this even with full graphics acceleration, but the internal display still just shuts off. The only way i can tell the graphics are even working is through remote desktop, or a USB displaylink dock. I did inject display EDID and it does detect the "Optiplex 3011" display at the proper resolution, shown in the included screenshots.

Thanks!
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Is there any way i can add more than one machine to my profile?? This dell isn't going to be a primary machine at all, whereas my Razer Blade listed in my profile still is. I can list more of the specs here but i'm not sure if changing my main machine from my profile is necessary. Also, noticed it says i need the manafacturer name on my machine, even though it clearly lists Razer. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Last edited:
Use the signature section to add details of other Hacks.

Use the User Profile for the current Hack you are requesting help to fix. That way others know which system you need help with.

The laptop is an Asus Razer Blade 15 Advanced, yes? Which model number, RZ09-0238x or other?

Try this cleaned up and revised OC 0.8.2 EFI on your Dell Optiplex 3011 AIO Ivy Bridge system.

Remember to use the ResetNvram.efi driver from the OC GUI (Press the spacebar to display the hidden drivers/tools) before you boot the system with the new EFI.

Use this EFI from a spare USB pen drive, do not overwrite your current EFI until you are sure you can boot from the new EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.6 MB · Views: 95
Use the signature section to add details of other Hacks.

Use the User Profile for the current Hack you are requesting help to fix. That way others know which system you need help with.

The laptop is an Asus Razer Blade 15 Advanced, yes? Which model number, RZ09-0238x or other?
Ahh I misunderstood, my apologies!!!! I'll add my machines to my signature then. My main (normally, currently using an older mac pro while i wait for some replacement parts to come in) hack is the laptop, Razer is the company itself, the model being the 2018 Blade 15 Advanced. I'll have to double check the RZ09-XXXXX part number and put it in there. I'm normally more active on other sites so my bad for not reading all the rules and FAQ here first! I'll change all that and try your EFI and the ResetNvram.efi.

Sorry again for my unpreparedness and thank you so much for taking the time to help out with this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back