Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B560I Edge
CPU
i5-10400F
Graphics
RX 560
Hello,

I have been having trouble getting Bluetooth working on Monterey with Opencore 0.8.5 with a Fenvi BCM94360NG card. Wifi works well, but no matter what I try (mapping USB, adding different kexts), I cannot seem to get bluetooth to work.

It has partially worked (no keyboard) when I used an Asus Bt-400, hence why I still included the BcrmPatchRam kexts below. I have also tried not including those, as the BCM94360NG is supposed to work out of the box with Monterey.

I do not know if I am stupid and I am missing something completely obvious. Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached my config.plist and listed kexts below.

Thanks in advance

Kexts:
AirportBrmFixup
AppleALC
AppleALCU
BlueToolFixup
BRCMFirmwareData
BCRMPatchRam3
Lilu
NVMEFix
USBMap
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen

Attachments

• config.plist
    33 KB · Views: 32
Is the USB port used by the Bluetooth module active in your USBMap.kext?
Has it been set with the correct connector type, i.e. Internal (255)?

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the response. I do have the port with bluetooth set to the 255 type using USBMap. If there is nothing obviously wrong in the kexts or the config.plist, do not sweat debugging further.

I also have an Intel AX210, but was not able to get that working using AirportItlwm and IntelBluetoothFirmware.

Thanks in advance

You may need to add BlueToolFixup.kext to your OC setup for the BT module to work in Monterey or Ventura. It is definitely required when using the Intel WiFi/BT card.

I tried adding it, unfortunately it still does not pick up any devices. I can turn on Bluetooth, but the spinner keeps going and devices never get detected. It is just confusing given that the card is Fenvi, I thought it would work out of the box.

It is supposed to work natively in macOS, as it uses a compatible Broadcom chipset for WiFi and Bluetooth.

I assume you have tried using the card with no additional WiFi or Bluetooth kexts installed. If not give that a try, as that is how the card is supposed to work, with just the native Apple macOS drivers.

Remove these three kexts.
  • BlueToolFixup
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRam3
I assume you don't have the Broadcom and Intel cards installed at the same time. That you are only using the Fenvi card. As having both active might cause some unnecessary issues.

Which Fenvi card are you using 1200 AC or T-919?

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately still not working with those kexts deleted. I do not have both an Intel and Broadcom card installed, just the BCM94360NG in the same port the Intel 6E Ax210 was in (m.2 key e). Perhaps the card itself is flawed.

Is the USBMap.kext you are using activating the built-in USB port serving the Broadcom card from the M.2 slot?

These M.2 slots usually have HS14 attached, which would need to be set with the connector type 'Internal' or '255' for it to work correctly in macOS.

Maybe, someone use Asus BT400 bluetooth on Ventura ?

Yes, I think that my USB is mapped correctly. I have set the port to type 255.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 2.04.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 2.04.34 PM.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back