Contribute
Register

Cannot get 1080p out of EVGA GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried booting with -x -v GraphicsEnabler-Yes PCIRootUID=1 and I managed to get passed the bpfAttach I will boot with nv_disable=1 then change the smbios to Mac Pro 3,1.

Changing the smbios to Mac Pro 3,1 didn't do anything.

Changing the smbios to Mac Pro 3,1 didn't do anything.

The original idea about changing System definition (Mac Mini 6,2 - I think it was) was to run more than a single monitor - but this could issue may actually be down to something else entirely such as the frame buffer that your card is using.

Are you able to boot using nv_disable=1 again? I wonder if you need to change the kernel cache argument in the .org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

I was able to get to the desktop by using nv_disable=1 I will try to boot again and change the smbios to Mac Mini 6,2 and see if that helps.

Thats what I have been trying to do, since booting with two monitors has not worked. I also changed the system def to mac mini 6,2 and still nothing.

Thats what I have been trying to do, since booting with two monitors has not worked. I also changed the system def to mac mini 6,2 and still nothing.

There was a brief point yesterday where it worked with a single monitor connection. I was just suggesting getting back to trying to boot in the same way with the same boot options (if possible - yesterday may have been a fluke) before embarking on a separate issue altogether.

I don't see the system definition as being a reason for getting a black screen when booting with a single screen attached.

I was wondering if the kernel cache setting were correct. You booted using -f GE=Yes. It was then when rebooting with a second monitor and the kernel cache changes made to the .org.chameleon.Boot.plist were this appeared to go wrong. I was wondering if the same settings and a single screen would or would not work.

I managed to get 1080p back by replacing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist back to the original ones with a few modifications. The reason why I managed to boot the first time with PCIRootUID=1 and -f is because of the -f then u told me to add PCIRootUID=1 to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist but not the -f. I need the -f to force the kexts.
here is the code from my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 -f</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro5,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G83222VZGWR</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>