Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1Go DDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I looked for an answer to my problem but didn't find out something to fix it. It's also my first Hackintosh so maybe I forgot (or don't know) something special.

I looked at this page : http://tonymacx86.blogspot.fr/ to build my computer
Then i followed this one : http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html to install.

Here's what I bought :
- Motherboard Gygabite GA-Z77X-UD5H
- CPU Intel Core i5-3550K 3,7Ghz (Is that the problem ? I didn't pay attention when I bought it but it's not the Intel Core i5-3570K recommended)
- SSD SanDisk Extreme SATA 6Gb/s 120GB
- HDD Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB

So I did install Mountain Lion (using -x mode) but when I want to reboot, I freeze on the apple logo. I just can boot in -x mode.

Here's what's written in verbose mode :
DSMOS has arrived
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo : this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
macx_swapon SUCCESS

What can I do to fix this ?
Thanks for your help !

Hello everyone,

I looked for an answer to my problem but didn't find out something to fix it. It's also my first Hackintosh so maybe I forgot (or don't know) something special.

I looked at this page : http://tonymacx86.blogspot.fr/ to build my computer
Then i followed this one : http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html to install.

Here's what I bought :
- Motherboard Gygabite GA-Z77X-UD5H
- CPU Intel Core i5-3550K 3,7Ghz (Is that the problem ? I didn't pay attention when I bought it but it's not the Intel Core i5-3570K recommended)
- SSD SanDisk Extreme SATA 6Gb/s 120GB
- HDD Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB

So I did install Mountain Lion (using -x mode) but when I want to reboot, I freeze on the apple logo. I just can boot in -x mode.

Here's what's written in verbose mode :
DSMOS has arrived
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo : this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
macx_swapon SUCCESS

What can I do to fix this ?
Thanks for your help !

Jango

Per this site - cpu-world.com intel has no i5-3550K they have a intel i5-3550 this cpu was shipped April 29 2012.
google search provides us with a review date for this Motherboard in late Febuary of 2012.

Not sure about the legality of this situation - as you may have a reciept that says you purchased a K model but you dont have a K unit - this could be a situation where you paid for one type but got the other version ( we call it Bait and switch) here in the USA. Check your recipts or invoices - credit card history as well. Look for stock numbers and compare what they are to what you have or ordered.

the first BIOS update for this Motherboard is dated - 3/28/2012 and the so I think your system needs to update the BIOS to something past the F5 versoin - reason would be to have the new microcode in the BIOs for your CPU. Check your version - if this does not reslove the issues w the identify issues w OSX then its most likely the motherboard and you should get another one.

Your computer should be able to get into the BIOS and you should be able to upgrade the BIOS - micro codes are not generlly required for BIOS upgrades if it was your motherboard would have halts etc when trying to get into the BIOS. Also Micro Codes are checked w Linux Unix (Apple) not to often in Windows as the Windows is not as selective a Kernel if you can say that Windoz has a kernel.

Not sure about the legality of this situation - as you may have a reciept that says you purchased a K model but you dont have a K unit - this could be a situation where you paid for one type but got the other version ( we call it Bait and switch) here in the USA. Check your recipts or invoices - credit card history as well. Look for stock numbers and compare what they are to what you have or ordered.

My mistake, I just made a copy_paste of the i5 3570K and just changed the numbers. There's actually no "K" on my processor's box.

Thanks for the advice, I try it now. Let you know if it works.

Edit : Just looked a the Bios version and it's the F8 one. I guess it won't solve the problem to get the F14 one ?
Why would I change the motherboard ? It seems like lot of people are successful in installing mac os on this one ?

My mistake, I juste made a copy_paste of the i5 3570K and just changed the numbers. there's no "K" on the processor's box.

Thanks for the advice, I try it now. Let you know if it's work.

Edit : Just looked a the Bios version and it's the F8 one. I guess it won't solve the problem to get the F12 one ?
Why would I change the motherboard ? It seems like lot of people are successful in installing mac os on this one ?

Jango

I would but the F12 version in as long as its not a BETA version of a bios.

If your cpu which is an 15-3570 is not working in OSX ( but works in windows ) then I think its your motherboard - all it takes to get flakey is one pin socket under the CPU to not be functional or act erratic due to being scratched or dirty and it will cause situatoins like this.

You may want to try and reseat the CPU to see if this helps.

Now the CPU has a lot of pin sockets that are used for both Windows and other OS's including OSX but their are some pins that are not used by Windows but are used by other OS's like oSX.
So if one of these "special pins" got damaged then the issue would only show up w that OS . This MB has been used by thousands of hackers to make OSX systems. So thats my theory.
You could also test it with a Linux distro to see it it has any problems w the install .

If your cpu which is an 15-3570 is not working in OSX ( but works in windows ) then I think its your motherboard - all it takes to get flakey is one pin socket under the CPU to not be functional or act erratic due to being scratched or dirty and it will cause situatoins like this.

My cpu is a i5 3550 (without a K, that's what I meant.)
Works with Windows 7 and Ubuntu.

By the way, thank you very much for taking time to answer.

i am having the same issue with different hardware, can someone please assist?

my hardware is below.

CPU: core i7-3770, product code BX80637I73770
Motherboard: Gigabyte P61-USB3P, Intel H61/rev 1.0 bios updated to F5 and DSDT downloaded from tonymac
Memory: Kingstron HyperX 2 x 8GB KHX16C10B1R/8
SSD: Kingston SSDNOW 300V 120GB

I am trying to install mountain lion 10.8.2, I can only boot with -x

Any one with the same issue?

i am having the same issue with different hardware, can someone please assist?

my hardware is below.

CPU: core i7-3770, product code BX80637I73770
Motherboard: Gigabyte P61-USB3P, Intel H61/rev 1.0 bios updated to F5 and DSDT downloaded from tonymac
Memory: Kingstron HyperX 2 x 8GB KHX16C10B1R/8
SSD: Kingston SSDNOW 300V 120GB

I am trying to install mountain lion 10.8.2, I can only boot with -x

Any one with the same issue?

mazengh I have the same problem.
My hardware.
CPU: Core i7-3770
MOtherboard - Asus P8H61-M LX2 Chipset Intel H61.
Memory Kingston 2x8 1333 and one 2gb kingston to instalation system.
HD Seagate 1TB.
I can only boot with -x

DSMOS has arrived
The error mesage is: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

Please i need a solution to this problem.

And sorry for my inglish. Thanks.

Same problem here - using tonymac's buyer guide and bought these components:

i5-3570K
GA-Q77M-D2H (Bios Version F1)
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
Sandisk SSD830 64GB

Installing OS X 10.8.2 with unibeast, everything works fine

Post-Install MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.2.1 (only "install bootloader" activated) reboot (also shut down & turn on), system freeze on the apple logo.
Reboot again with -v, got this error:

Waiting for DSMOS...
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUnit : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

What are the right settings for Multibeast?

Thank you!

Same problem here - using tonymac's buyer guide and bought these components:

i5-3570K
GA-Q77M-D2H (Bios Version F1)
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
Sandisk SSD830 64GB

Installing OS X 10.8.2 with unibeast, everything works fine

Post-Install MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.2.1 (only "install bootloader" activated) reboot (also shut down & turn on), system freeze on the apple logo.
Reboot again with -v, got this error:

Waiting for DSMOS...
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUnit : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

What are the right settings for Multibeast?

Thank you!

btw. this is not my first Hackintosh and in the EFI the Controller is set to AHCI.

Last hours I playing around with some MultiBeast settings:
With and without UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Disk -> Trim Enabler
MISC -> "NullCPUPowerManagement
MISC -> FakeSMC
MISC -> FakeSMC Settings
Different Systemdefinitions
Some SSDT Options
Chimera 2.0.1

Many combinations of them.

I also followed the settings as written here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Also do this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ultibeast-options-ga-q77m-d2h.html#post553614

This is really fustrating - I extra follow Toni's buyer guide and bought the parts via amazon link in the hope of a (mostly) hassle-free installation...

Thank you & regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back