Motherboard
Asus ROG Z390 H GAMING-Clover
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I attempted to update to 10.2.2. I am now getting the black screen caused by the fact that my mac is set to 6,1. I cloned my system to another drive and can boot from there on 10.2.1, but I just purchased some software that requires the update to 10.2.2 to run.

I attempted to run the fix for it, but received a message that I had to disable the SIP - side question - I assume the osX update reenables this by default? I definitely did not reenable it myself.

So I went to boot the recovery hd so i could run the terminal command to disable SIP, but it will not boot. It gets the apple logo and the loading bar goes up to maybe about 2/3 of the way and then just freezes and does nothing. Once it gets to about half way up, it starts to move extremely slow before stalling out.

I also attempted to boot from my usb boot stick and got the same exact result. Then i even tried to recreate the boot stick from scratch using unibeast just to see if that might have cleared something up, but no luck.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

To disable or enable SIP add/edit the settings on your config.plist.

Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig

Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:
csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

Thank you! That part worked great and I was able to fix my black screen.

But I am still wondering if there is a way to fix the recovery volume so it actually boots? It might come in handy in the future.

Thank you! That part worked great and I was able to fix my black screen.

But I am still wondering if there is a way to fix the recovery volume so it actually boots? It might come in handy in the future.
If you're using Sierra, put fakesmc.kext into 10.12 folder in EFI.

In order to boot into the recovery partition you must put FakeSMC.kext into your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on your EFI partition.

You probably also need to boot with Set Nvidia to VESA (nv_disable=1) selected in Clover Boot Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back