Contribute
Register

Can Someone help me configure my desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero XI (WIFI)
CPU
INTEL I7-9700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX-1080-TI
i get to the apple logo with the loading bar finishing till completion, but nothing happens after (the bar gets till the end)

im assuming its my config file thats wrong, can someone please help me?

Desktop Specs are:

Asus Maximus Hero Xi (wifi) - Intel chipset z390
Intel I7-9700k
Corsair Ram (3000hz)
Hard drive (WD baracuda 2tb)
Nvidia Gtx 1080-ti

Appreciate your help so much, I dont mind installing Mojave/Catalina, right now im trying to do mojave since there are actually tutorials on it.

i get to the apple logo with the loading bar finishing till completion, but nothing happens after (the bar gets till the end)

I'm assuming its my config file thats wrong, can someone please help me?

Desktop Specs are:

Asus Maximus Hero Xi (wifi) - Intel chipset z390
Intel I7-9700k
Corsair Ram (3000hz)
Hard drive (WD baracuda 2tb)
Nvidia Gtx 1080-ti

Appreciate your help so much, I dont mind installing Mojave/Catalina, right now im trying to do mojave since there are actually tutorials on it.

If you assume that your config.plist file is "wrong", you should post it here to allow others to look at it. Actually, I think you should zip your whole EFI folder and post it here.

Meanwhile the GTX 1080 Ti is not supported on MacOS Mojave and Catalina due to lack of Nvidia drivers, so you can't use it with MacOS.

I see, Ive attached the efi folder below, was OS X 10.13 the last MacOS to support Nvidia Driver? I know they have webdrivers and i don't mind running a lower OS X

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
Try adding boot-arg nv_disable=1. You might also remove the # in front of Boot>#arguments so it is effective.

I tried that and it didnt work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back