Contribute
Register

Can someone explain to me like I'm a small child -- how to get the audio working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
msi gaming 5
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 980ti
I have seen a few dozen posts about this topic and all the threads seem to just simply link back to one or two specific guides... which don't help me. I have tried all sorts of downloads on those guides and some of them say "completed" in a terminal window when I open them, and some say "No clover/chameleon files". Those couple of guides are not helping me. Apparently I had to download clover configurator somewhere off the internet according to a youtube video? So I did that and tried to mount an EFI partition (according to the video), yet there are 4 different disks for me to mount. I clicked on the hard drive where my OS X is installed and tried those downloads again but still "no clover/chameleon files". Im way out in left field now. I don't even know if I'm walking towards the ball. I have no idea what a kext is. I picked "Realtek alc1150" sound during the MultiBeast installation. I swear to God though, if I see another person simply link to that damn "guide" again.... Thanks people.

I installed in UEFI mode. I have the motherboard instruction manual that clearly says my audio is ALC1150, and that's what I chose. BTW, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but even after choosing "Mac Pro" in multiibeast settings my mac shows that its an iMac. It appears that multibeast may be doing nothing as far as downloading drivers and the 'ID' of the computer.

as far as the system definition is concerned, according to your built i7-4790k you should choose imac 14.2..then see if something changes..open multibeast and change system definition
I just tried selecting iMac 14-2, "installed successfully", and my sound preferences still say "no audio devices". I'm not convinced that multibeast is actually doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back