Register

Can only boot with safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Hey, first time posting, and I am relatively new to hakintosh troubleshooting.

I've looked around and tried various fixes but I can't seem to get into the OS without safe boot. For the initial install I used "GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v -f -x" which worked fine. Once installed, I ran multibeast and selected Easy Beast (along with the correct audio driver etc). I rebooted expecting not to have to run safe mode anymore, but every single time it gives me a kernel panic. The only way I can get into the OS is with the -x flag, which isn't ideal since I believe it hinders some of the drivers (?) because I can't mount any NTFS drives and some of the UI animations are acting strange (launchpad in particular).

Also I've got a wg111v2 wifi adapter, which I got to work with a previous Snow Leopard build using the realtek drivers and the blue crab application. With safe mode so far I haven't had any luck installing the same drivers in Mavericks. Here are my system specs, if you need any more info just say so:

Asrock Z87 Pro3 (has UEFI, which I patched to boot up the install USB, but I can't find any option for switching integrated graphics on/off)
Intel i5 4670k
16gb ddr3 1800
3 HDDs 1 SSD
EVGA GTX 560 ti

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this has been solved before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back