2. iOS
Hi

When I started OSX el captan, I can only boot when i select
-Boot OSX with injected kext.

If I pick
-Boot OSX (default/normal) mode
I will get a KP with error

-appleintelcpupowermanagement

I already install the nullpowermanagement kext in multibeast.

how to fix this?

Hi

When I started OSX el captan, I can only boot when i select
-Boot OSX with injected kext.

Well what's wrong if you can boot with kexts injected?

Well what's wrong if you can boot with kexts injected?
I just want to select the osx icon and boot normally without needing to press spacebar and select
-Boot with injected kext.

Also how to fix the powermanagement KP when boot normally?

What is boot with inject kext mean?
does it mean it uses the kext in clover EFI ?

When booting OSX from clover, it injects kexts (from its folder) into the OS. Kexts are kind of like drivers, without them the system will not work fully or may not work at all. Your error is caused when the CPU power management kext isn't injected, causing the system to crash. It's quite an important kext on sandy bridge CPUs. However, I don't really understand why the kext isn't injected automatically by clover, mine have always been...

Also how to fix the powermanagement KP when boot normally?
I presume in Clover/config.plist you've got AsusAICPUPM set to true. Unless of course you've got a modified BIOS to unlock the MSR register 0xE2.

When booting OSX from clover, it injects kexts (from its folder) into the OS. Kexts are kind of like drivers, without them the system will not work fully or may not work at all. Your error is caused when the CPU power management kext isn't injected, causing the system to crash. It's quite an important kext on sandy bridge CPUs. However, I don't really understand why the kext isn't injected automatically by clover, mine have always been...

Thanks for explanation about the inject kext.
I already know the kext is equivalent of driver in windows.
I have used hackintosh for a while since snow leopard, but I am just finding el captan and clover difficult to get running quickly with full audio etc..
Also how clover works is a bit more complicated to understand than chimera.

When u simply press enter at the OSX icon to boot normally
does it inject kext from clover?
or does it only do it when u select boot with injected kext?
cos this is the only way I can get into OSX without the powermanagement KP.

I know when I look at the EFI partition I can see that nullpowermanagement kext is in the 10.11 folder.
Should it be in S/L/E instead?
I used multibeast to install it.

Last edited:
I presume in Clover/config.plist you've got AsusAICPUPM set to true. Unless of course you've got a modified BIOS to unlock the MSR register 0xE2.
yes, it is set true..
What does it mean when it is true? and should it be true?

I don't have any mod bios.

I find that clover + el captan is much more difficult to get audio working compared to previous OS + chimera + multibeast.
I have read many threads and tried those scripts but is not working and still no audio.

yes, it is set true..
What does it mean when it is true? and should it be true?

I don't have any mod bios.
Yes it should be set to true, see AsusAICPUPM
In your config.plist you can set inject kexts permanently here so you don't have to select it each time you boot.

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 15.05.23.png

I find that clover + el captan is much more difficult to get audio working compared to previous OS + chimera + multibeast.
I have read many threads and tried those scripts but is not working and still no audio.

What is the situation with audio on your system, audio devices shown in System Preferences but no audio? No audio devices shown?

Last edited:
Yes it should be set to true, see AsusAICPUPM
In your config.plist you can set inject kexts permanently here so you don't have to select it each time you boot.

View attachment 197937

What is the situation with audio on your system, audio devices shown in System Preferences but no audio? No audio devices shown?

yeap, after selecting YES for inject kext in clover configurator, I can boot OSX by pressing enter on the icon.
No need to press spacebar - boot with injected kext.

I think this step was missing from the tutorial by Tonymac.

Do we need to inject system id as well? And what is the purpose of doing it?

====
Audio situation is = no devices found.
I have tried the .command scripts in other threads by toleda but getting some errors.

I am a bit confused here. What hardware are you having a problem with?
Your profile shows X58A-UD3R and P8Z68V-Pro and your sig has a GA-EX58-UD3R.

So which system is giving you problems?
The X58A should be a breeze, and the EX58 almost as easy. No opinion on the Asus board as I never had one of the 6 series boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back