Contribute
Register

Can only boot OSX with injected kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit confused here. What hardware are you having a problem with?
Your profile shows X58A-UD3R and P8Z68V-Pro and your sig has a GA-EX58-UD3R.

So which system is giving you problems?
The X58A should be a breeze, and the EX58 almost as easy. No opinion on the Asus board as I never had one of the 6 series boards.

Yes, I these boards.
-X58A-UD3R and P8Z68V-Pro
But my OSX is currently on the X58A-UD3R board.
what series is this board?
What is the difference between profile and build signature?
Also why the Graphics card drop down menu does not show GTX 760 in build signature?

X58a works for installation but the audio 889 is the problem.
With clover + el captan, it is harder to get the audio working compared to previous chimera + multibeast + previous OSX versions.

Through some luck, I manage to get audio working now.

Last edited:
Audio situation is = no devices found.
I have tried the .command scripts in other threads by toleda but getting some errors.
I see you're getting audio assistance from the best. Thats where I would have linked you to go next. Hope you get your audio working.

I see you're getting audio assistance from the best. Thats where I would have linked you to go next. Hope you get your audio working.

I manage to get audio working now.
It was a combination of trying a few different things and luck.
Not even 100% sure of how it got working or why...

I can tell u what I did and u can see if it was the reason, if u want.

I never got the .command scripts by toleda to run though.

The audio is definitely the hardest to get working with this clover and el captan.
In previous versions I just used multibeast and it worked immediately.
==

Do u have a original untouched AppleHDA.kext?
I want to test to see if what I did was the way I got it work.

Do u have a original untouched AppleHDA.kext?
I want to test to see if what I did was the way I got it work.
You can run the installer again without formatting your installation drive. It will install/replace all native kexts, similar to an update. Thats why it is important where possible to patch kexts using Clover.

You can run the installer again without formatting your installation drive. It will install/replace all native kexts, similar to an update. Thats why it is important where possible to patch kexts using Clover.
Will it overwrite my settings or clear my downloads/documents folders?

If I do an update to 10.11.5, will the appleHDA.kext be replaced with a new untouched one?

I'm having the same issue. When I use Clover or Multibeast to set up audio or my Ethernet it does not work. I have tried multiple options within Multibeast and it does nothing. I tried the El Capitan Post Install Tools Customac option and that does not work either.
Also I can only boot up when I inject kexts. I cannot boot up otherwise.
I updated to El Capitan just yesterday and have had plenty of problems. I slowly figured them out but this one is really puzzling. Everytime I do a fresh install I have internet access. When I run the post install tools I don't have it.

I also tried some of the El Capitan guides and they do not help.
I need to enable audio, Ethernet and boot without injecting kexts.
How can I help you help me?

Last edited:
Everytime I do a fresh install I have internet access. When I run the post install tools I don't have it.
I need to enable audio, Ethernet and boot without injecting kexts

If you have Ethernet working after fresh install then don't touch it!

Regarding audio your chip is Realtek® ALC 887, try that option with Multibeast. I recall that I needed to use CodecCommander.kext (in S/L/E) to have it working also after sleep.

You need the kexts injected automatically during boot? See this --> https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SystemParameters#InjectKexts

EDIT: your Ethernet is Realtek® 8112L. The driver for RTL81XX (by Mieze) might work for you. Remember to remove old NIC kexts (probably also remove en0)

Last edited:
Will it overwrite my settings or clear my downloads/documents folders?

If I do an update to 10.11.5, will the appleHDA.kext be replaced with a new untouched one?
No it won't overwrite your settings clear your download/documents folder, as long as you don't format your drive.
Updating to 10.11.5 most definitely will replace/renew the AppleHDA.kext, if your audio still works after either update then patches are in place via config.plist etc.

I need to enable audio, Ethernet and boot without injecting kexts.
Look at your motherboard specs on the manufacturers website. You'll need to look up LAN/audio. Then select them in MultiBeast. If you install audio using one method and it doesn't work remove don't install multiple methods. If you have audio devices in System Preferences but no audio see No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] If you have no audio devices shown see No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]
Each thread has a problem reporting section. Reply to the appropriate linked thread with the requested Problem Reporting files.

For Injecting Kexts. If the essential kexts are not in /L/E they'll be in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.X folder. If they are in the latter to get them to install you'll need to Inject Kexts. If you run MultiBeast they will be installed to /L/E.

If you have Ethernet working after fresh install then don't touch it!

Think he said when he does his fresh install he has ethernet, this is because UniBeast supports ethernet/network for the install.

So should I move the kexts from extensions and put them in 10.11?

I clicked the link showing what I need to do for injecting kexts but I don't know where I'm supposed to do that. Do I open up a config file and edit it there?

Should I run multibeast and install to the 10.11 folder? Or just move them to that folder? When I do the multibeast install they show up on the same spot in extensions on my hard drive but don't seem to work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back