Contribute
Register

Can not boot from Hard Drive, other post don't seem to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mount Lion (hopefully)
CPU
i3 2525
Graphics
none
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have managed to get my Hackintosh completely working, except I still can not boot from Hard Drive. I had the boot0 error and manage to fix that issue, using the official guide from here, but when I boot without the unibeast drive it goes to a blank screen, with a cursor, and nothing else. Not fault message, just nothing. I can't seem to find a solution to fit my exact problem in the forums. Sorry if I'm missing the obvious fix.

My build:
Motherboad: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H 1155 ATX
Prossessor: Intel i3 3225
RAM: 8GB 2x4 DDR3 1600
Hard Drive: 1Tb Toshiba (This is in two Volumes: 1st labeled OS where Mac is installed 800gb. 2nd is a Backup volume 200gb)
Mac OS 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Unibeast to install
Multibeast Mountain Lion 5.2.1
Settings selected: UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers:
Audio\Realtek ALC8xx\With DSDT\ALC88b/887
Network\Atheros
Bootloaders:
Chimera v1.11.1 r1394
A note here. I first tried newer Chimera but they did not fix my Graphics to allow a higher resolution. I ran Chimera 1.11.1 separately at first (and it worked). However while fixing the boot0 error I started from scratch, and used the selection inside Mulitbeast, and it worked just as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I am using DVI for the monitor. I used the -v flag, but I don't know how to get a copy of that log.

Try deleting the 'default partition' key in your chamelion.plist, if there is one. Found this got added during my install, unnecessary if you have the correct boot drive as the 'primary'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back