Contribute
Register

Can I use LVDS/eDP to drive macOS?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@craighazan, the adapter is a Magsafe to USB-C PD adapter. It‘s only for power supply, but it works very good. The only disadvantage is, that it blocks a whole USB-C port and the MacBook Pro 13“ has only 2. But in combination with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter the Thunderbolt Display works as good as with the older MacBook Pro from before 2016. I love this combination! :D

Regarding the Mighty Mouse, yes the scroll ball works perfectly. But Before I started using it again nearly 2 years ago, I disassembled the whole mouse and cleand all with Isopropanol alcohol. Since than I clean the ball every 3 - 4 months by rolling ball over a paper towel moistened with Isopropanol alcohol. Since I have found the Mighty Mouse again and use it daily, I don‘t miss my Magic Mouse anymore. :shifty:

Beautiful!, some bleed around the bottom left corner, but overall it's a very nice display. I was also under the impression that I would need to plug in the M1 MBA, but no its running off the battery.

IMG_2766.png

Update: The bleed seems to have fixed itself, normal colors at the edges of the screen.

F52D6372-C1A9-49F2-BCB3-5A1B6E29CA14.jpeg

Last edited:
I think only in clam-shell mode (using with closed lid and external keyboard & mouse) a connected power supply is needed. :)
Sorry for the messy desk, that's awesome!. Essentially I just made the worlds 1st M1 27" iMac, chinless!.

Clam shell.png

Last edited:
Snow Leopard... :)
Yes!, I purchased it when I started my iMac mod. Installed it successfully on $2 2006 Intel iMac.

From March of 2021 before the 24 inch M1 iMac was released that April.

A few minor problems. No access to any ports or the power button unless you remove the display.

Last edited:
From March of 2021 before the 24 inch M1 iMac was released that April.

A few minor problems. No access to any ports or the power button unless you remove the display.
Installing a M1 Mac mini inside a 27” iMac case is a cool idea, but comes with some sacrifices. The Thunderbolt Display just looks the part though, a chinless 27” display, stunning screen with rich colors and true black. I think this would make a better M1 iMac.

Could this work?. the pin def is 'USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector (20-1 pin U31G1_12). I would just have to plug in the adapter to the Thunderbolt Display.

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 9.25.22 AM.png

U31G1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back