Contribute
Register

Can I install High Sierra on my hp probooks 4530s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B85M-E45
CPU
i3-4160
Graphics
HD 4400
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to hackintosh. So I have a question.
Can I install High Sierra on my hp probooks 4530s?
And is the processor of 4530s fast enough to run this new version of OXS?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Some minor changes required as the guide/github has not been updated for High Sierra (and likely will not be updated until after final release).
Hello Rehabman, I was going to try an Apple Store upgrade and see what happens. I think as long as I have the latest Clover, kext updates through your older guides, and the new apple file system kext in EFI/Clover, it might or might not work. Does that sound like a plan?

Hello Rehabman, I was going to try an Apple Store upgrade and see what happens. I think as long as I have the latest Clover, kext updates through your older guides, and the new apple file system kext in EFI/Clover, it might or might not work. Does that sound like a plan?

Just follow the "Major updates" instructions and keep in mind new High Sierra things (APFS, for example).

Just follow the "Major updates" instructions and keep in mind new High Sierra things (APFS, for example).
All good and then updated the patch per the instructions at the El Capitan page for Probooks. Thanks.

All good and then updated the patch per the instructions at the El Capitan page for Probooks. Thanks.
Hi there! So u successfully update to High Sierra? Can u describe stage by stage? I got 4530s with El Capitan on board.

Hi there! So u successfully update to High Sierra? Can u describe stage by stage? I got 4530s with El Capitan on board.
Basically, it was an Apple Store upgrade taking the following precautions before opening the installation file:

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Step 2 was accomplished by copying the files from the 10.12 folder to Other.

Then I made sure I had the most recent files from Rehabman's update script in terminal.

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

Then I clicked the install file for High Sierra and it installed without any problems. I then ran the update script once more to restore sound.

Basically, it was an Apple Store upgrade taking the following precautions before opening the installation file

I have installed high Sierra fresh and the trackpad preferences are not available like before. It is waiting for a bluetooth trackpad. How do I enable tap to click on trackpad, or do I need a tweak to manage the trackpad.
Latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed under EFI/Clover/Kexts/other.

Attachments

• trackpd.png
    trackpd.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 447
I have installed high Sierra fresh and the trackpad preferences are not available like before. It is waiting for a bluetooth trackpad. How do I enable tap to click on trackpad, or do I need a tweak to manage the trackpad.
Latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed under EFI/Clover/Kexts/other.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back