Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking for some help please. I'm trying to get through my first build and I think I'm very, very close, but can't seem to reach the finish line. I've installed Mountain Lion, and I can boot up in safe mode, but when I try to boot "regulary" I get a panic error. I'm not very good at reading these cryptic screens, but it seems to refer to a voodoo driver.
"Kernal extensions in backtrace:
org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA, etc. etc.
Does this mean that I need to use multibeast to install the Voodoo driver? Or do I have a Voodoo driver that's causing a conflict?
My system build is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Intel I5-3570, 16GB ram, 160 GB OCZ Vertex2 SSD - nothing else. I thought I would add dvd and graphics card later.
Any help would be much appreciated.

OK, I found the Voodoo extension and deleted it, then the next problem I found was appletymcedriver, so I've tried deleting it, and now I can still boot in safe mode, but with a regular boot, all I get now is the grey apple screen with the spinner. Any thoughts?

You shouldn't need voodoo; you have a DSDT free Z77 board. Let me give you my settings in Multibeast. It works for me. I Have a similar system, except a i7-3770,

UserDSDT or DSDT-free installation.
Drivers/Audio/Realtec ALC8xx/without DSDT/ALC898
Disk/ 3rd Party Sata
Disk/Trim Enabler/10.8.3 Trim Patch (Since you have a SSD)
Miscellaneous/NullCPUPowermanagement
Miscellaneous/USB3.0 - Universal
Network/Intel - hnak's AppleintelE1000
Bootloaders/ Chimera v2.0.1
Customization/Boot options/ graphicsenabler=No (I don't use this, but the source I took it from did)
Customization/Boot options/1080p Display (if you have a 1900x1080 monitor)
Customization/Boot options/Power Management Hibernate Mode/ Desktop
System Definitions/ Mac Pro/ 3.1

If this doesn't work, you may have problems in BIOS.

Thanks much for the reply. Still no luck. I'm re-partitioning the hard drive and starting over from scratch with your settings.
I've wacked the hard drive and started over a few times now. I've been assuming that you can reinstall the OS as many times as you want on the same computer, but I don't really know if that's true. Do I need to buy a new Mountain Lion?

I must have reformatted one of my 3 year old drives a dozen times or more, in the last month.

I'm assuming that you have a good UniBeast Thumb Drive which you can use, so there is no need to download Mountain Lion from the App store again. Don't worry if it is an older version, 10.8.2 or so. You can always down load the combo from Apple.com to upgrade.

I'd suggest that you unmount any drives (turn off Time machine) and unplug the SATA cables. Then, all you will have is the thumb drive and the drive you are installing ML on. I've had to start over a couple times because I didn't do that.

Barc0d3guy, I don't have a clear idea of what hardware you have.

The first place to start is to describe your build. Official mother board and processor numbers please. No shortcuts, or abbreviations.

Your photos at imgur suggest that you are very deep into the boot. There may be a BIOS setting which is keeping you from completing. But, I don't know what to say until I know about your mobo and processor. I've reread your other posts at OSx86 and you probably need a DSDT. There are plenty of places in SEARCH for the proper BIOS setting for your board.

Despite appearances, I'm new here. I've had some practice at making and correcting mistakes on my system. All I really know is about Gigabyte boards, which apparently you don't have.

UrbanBard:
Build info:
GA Z77X-UDH
i5-3570 processor
OS 10.8.4
OCZ 160 G SSD
Used Unibeast to make the thumbnail drive.
Can install, but can only boot in safe mode. When I try a regular hard drive boot, it locks up at the apple spinner.
I've booted up in safe mode and installed multibeast, and made all of the suggested changes I can find on the forum for people with similar builds. Likewise, I've made all the bios changes that have been suggested. So far, no luck.
Bios Settings:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-...eries-lga-1155-boards/comments2.html#comments
Multibeast settings:
UserDSDT or DSDT-free installation.
Drivers/Audio/Realtec ALC8xx/without DSDT/ALC898
Disk/ 3rd Party Sata
Disk/Trim Enabler/10.8.3 Trim Patch (Since you have a SSD)
Miscellaneous/NullCPUPowermanagement
Miscellaneous/USB3.0 - Universal
Network/Intel - hnak's AppleintelE1000
Bootloaders/ Chimera v2.0.1
Customization/Boot options/ graphicsenabler=No (I don't use this, but the source I took it from did)
Customization/Boot options/1080p Display (if you have a 1900x1080 monitor)
Customization/Boot options/Power Management Hibernate Mode/ Desktop
System Definitions/ Mac Pro/ 3.1

Anything you see incorrect or any suggestions?
Thanks

Thanks for the link. I tried using the OSX 10.8 boot CD, and tried all of the boot options, but no luck. I always get a message:
"Can't find /mach_kernel"
Any thoughts where I go from here?

Tried a new thumbnail drive, wouldn't boot. Tried verbose mode and got a message at the end:
"Library not loaded;/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Version/A/IOKit"
...no suitable image found. Did find ...failed with errorno=5"

Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back