Contribute
Register

Can anyone post detailed guide of installing Catalina on Lenovo YOGA C740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, on the 'SMBIOS' tab, next to the 'Model Lookup' and 'Check Coverage buttons, use the arrows to select a model, e.g. 14,3 and generate your own 'Serial Number' and 'UUID' (you have to be online on the internet). This information is shared on the 'DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM' tab. Save your configuration and reset ntb.
I follow your instructions with OC EFI and Catalina booted normally. Thank you.
Unfortunately I saw that as Clover EFI, Wifi card is not recognised, the internal microphone is not working at all, the audio via HDMI is not working and when I connect for first time after boot an external monitor I have to close and open the lid (every next time I do it, it works great).

P.S. I have reset nvram

This is an updated EFI with OpenCore v0.6.6. Some kexts are not the most recent since newer versions run into issues / black screen. If you want to update to Big Sur 11.2 you need Open Core v0.6.6.

Regards

Attachments

• Yoga-C740-OCv0.6.6-EFI.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 166
This is an updated EFI with OpenCore v0.6.6. Some kexts are not the most recent since newer versions run into issues / black screen. If you want to update to Big Sur 11.2 you need Open Core v0.6.6.

Regards
I made a Big Sur install usb, then copied the EFI folder from the post above, I believe all the bios settings are correct (unless I missed something).

I get to the screen to choose Windows, Big Sur install, Canopy, reset nvram. When I choose Big Sur all I get is a lot of errors that are too fast for me to read in verbose mode (mostly failed to do this, cannot write to HD, etc.) and then a restart. I am not sure what I could be doing wrong. I read this whole post and all the OpenCore instructions from the dortania site and cannot figure it out.

Yoga C740, 8GB ram, I5-Comet Lake, Intel UHD 630 graphics.

I've never had any trouble installing on other computers. Hopefully, it is something foolish I am missing.

Last edited:
First thought would be to use your own DSDT.aml. This one is for the i7/16GB version. I think I applied only the I2C patches so if you disable it from loading it in this config your Trackpad and touchscreen might not work but everything else should.

If you're trying out an EFI for the first time, it might be a good idea to configure the boot parameters not to reboot immediately so you can at least look at the last breath before crash/reboot.

If you dont know what I'm talking about (I see this is your first post here) you need to go through the getting started guides and come back again later.

Regards

First thought would be to use your own DSDT.aml. This one is for the i7/16GB version. I think I applied only the I2C patches so if you disable it from loading it in this config your Trackpad and touchscreen might not work but everything else should.

If you're trying out an EFI for the first time, it might be a good idea to configure the boot parameters not to reboot immediately so you can at least look at the last breath before crash/reboot.

If you dont know what I'm talking about (I see this is your first post here) you need to go through the getting started guides and come back again later.

Regards
Thanks a bunch, I completely forgot about the DSDT and different chip/RAM. I was in a rush and trying to cut corners.

Has anyone make internal microphone and Wifi working on Catalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back