Contribute
Register

Calling Early Ivy Bridge Pioneers - Share Your Experiences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished building and installing my Hackintosh.

Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU: Core™ i7-3770K (4x 3500 MHz)
GPU: MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
Startup disk: Samsung MZ-7PC0128D/EU SSD
Data disk: Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM
Memory: Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1600 Quad-kit

Bluetooth: USB-BT211
WLAN: TL-WDN4800

Power: Seasonic M12II-750 Bronze
Casing: Performance One P-280
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14

All working fine out of the box. Installed the audio kext as defined in the tutorial and the bluetooth fix as explained here. Need to do some further benchmarking to see if something's not working properly. Overlocking this beauty is next!

Everything working pretty well thanks to this beautiful community

Core i5-3570K (Ivy) - GA-B75B-D3V - 8GB RAM - radeon HD 6450 - on 10.7.4 with MultiBeast 4.6 and no dsdt

QE/CI ok with radeon; is not with hd4000
network is ok
sound is ok
sleeps works but not the sleep command

geekbench scores 10599 in 64 bits mode

So here's a small update. Bluetooth not working due to the Asus BT-211 losing connection with the Magic Mouse on multi-gesture actions. USB3 doesn't seem to work too (not even USB2 on USB3 ports, help?). Checking of "file sharing" in the prefs crashes my whole system (mouse keeps working, screen just stays frozen, help again?).

Used a GA-Z77-DS3H and a i5 3570k. Was able to get all drivers but the HD4000, but for now I have been able to change the resolution to 1920x1080. Sleep works but the monitor wont go off because of the lack of graphics drivers i suppose.

Thanks to TonyMac's handy guides I've had great luck with a GA-Z77-DS3H and i7 3770. Only current problems are that my hard drives (one SSD for boot and a 1TB 7200rpm for files) show up as external. (I have them both hooked up to the two SATA 3 ports on the board and did not install 3rd party SATA in Multibeast. Are those going to be issues?)

I also can't get USB 3 ports to work at all. I know I won't get USB 3 speeds until Mac OS X supports it, but if I plug a USB 2 drive into a port it never mounts on my desktop.

Other than that, things are looking okay... I'm definitely feeling my n00b though.

cubuff said:
First off, big thanks to tony, macman and everyone who's contributed on this site! It is hands down the best source of information and tools.

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H (F3)
i5-3570k running at stock speed
9600GT video w/ 512MB
64GB Crucial M4 SSD
1 TB WD hard drive
8GB RAM running at 1600 (Profile 1 in BIOS)

Currently running 10.7.4 with Bridgehelper 5.0

Installed initially with Unibeast and Multibeast, upgraded with Combo Update to 10.7.4, then used Bridgehelper and Multibeast with UserDSDT (no DSDT installed)

Working: almost everything. Sleeps perfectly, audio fixed using AppleHDARollback and the updated kext.

Problems:
1) If I boot with the USB stick made using Unibeast and Bridgehelper 5.0, Disk Utility does not see my SATA drives.

2) USB 3.0 not working. Shows in System Profiler as USB High Speed instead of Super Speed.

3) Some instability. I don't usually get fullblown kernel panics, but occasionally the mouse will freeze and nothing short of a hardware shutdown will help. I haven't isolated the causes, but usually it happens after waking from sleep, I think.

I'll be interested in hearing whether others with this board/processor have similar issues.

Thanks again, tony and crew!

How did you change the RAM profile in the DS3H BIOS?

For the USB3 ports to work (although it being USB2 ports when you do so), read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=66178&p=417867#p417867 Something about setting xHCI to disable etc. Or try auto and see if it works, it won't here.

For SATA being recognized as external drives: enable (or disable, can't remember) Intel Virtualization Technology. Learned a lot these past few days :p

Sleeps works too btw! .8s into sleep, 2s out of sleep. SWEET. And got speed step working too (by enabling anything I could find in the BIOS that cares for automatic CPU power management; like 5 sequential options).

Just trying to get windows working again (always refuses to boot afterwards) and USB3 (which I don't really need now). Other than that, easy build, no problems so far :)

— For the RAM: advanced memory settings, change system memory multiplier to 16.

Asus P8Z77-V
i5 3570k
8GB Kingston HyperX
Asus DirectCU II GTX570
4 250GB HDDs, one cleared for Lion
HDA X-Mystique 7.1 Gold soundcard

CPU & GPU are watercooled in an old and massive LianLi PC70.

Had a few problems with BridgeHelper 5.0 - every time it's been installed I get kernel panics. One of the things I forgot to do before running it last time was update Lion from 10.7 to 10.7.4.

Soundcard I thought was never going to work so I enabled the onboard sound and ticked the ALC892 kexts in Multibeast, but after some serious Googling I found out what chipset it uses - C-Media CMI 8768 - and found this thread on how people were using the CMI 8738 kext back in Tiger. A few pages later and I find a copy compiled in 64bit which works perfectly in Lion :)

Sleep doesn't appear to be working but I tend to turn it off anyway.

My last remaining niggle is to do with dual booting - I run Windows off 2 of the 250GB drives in RAID-0 configuration, and Lion off a single 250GB drive. In order to boot Lion I have to go into the BIOS and turn my SATA option to AHCI, to boot Windows I have to switch it to RAID. I'd like to get Lion to work with the SATA controller in RAID mode, and it appears to try before giving a kernel panic. I thought I'd found an easy solution when I found the top 2 SATA ports were run off an ASMedia 1061 controller which you can install a kext for in Multibeast, but it still gave me kernel panics. Any ideas on this?

Z77-DS3H
i7 3770
Gigabyte HD5770
Mach Extreme 120gb ssd
TP-Link Tl-WDN4800 wireless

It works like a charm but sleep is an issue
I'll try sleeping the monster with PleaseSleep

Thanks tonymacx86.com :headbang:

Attachments

• barbMacPro 2012-07-11 at 1.07.17 AM.jpg
    barbMacPro 2012-07-11 at 1.07.17 AM.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 123
randallphoto said:
It's running very well for me, first installed 10.7.3 with bridgehelper and then 10.7.4 and eventually installed the darwin 11.4.2 vanilla kernel and new kexts manually (i didn't use bridgehelper 5.0 as it wasn't available yet when I did it)

Minimal fuss, I do not use a DSDT or SSDT. And since the ivy bridge interim audio kext, my sound is working well too. All my USB ports work, but USB 3.0 is working at 2.0 speeds. Sleep and wake works perfectly. Full QE/CI and the video card just worked properly. OpenCL works fine in Adobe CS6. Had it running for 2+ weeks without a reboot as well.

Only other thing I can't get working is speedstep. It just swings back and forth from 16 and 40.

My specs

3770k @4.0Ghz
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Diamond Radeon HD 6870 1Gb
16Gb 1600Mhz DDR3 ram
120Gb SSD for boot+programs
3x 2Tb SATA drives for storage

Only other project I have planned is to transplant it into a G5 case. Picked up a cosmetically PERFECT G5 case on craigslist for cheap and gutted it this weekend. Now just figuring out how exactly I wanna do it. Now I'm leaning towards no cutting of the backpanel and making my own ports that map to the factory cut holes for USB/Audio/Firewire/ethernet/etc. I'll prolly get a new silver vinyl sticker to cover the unused ports and update the port logo on the back. Also being able to access the factory PCIe holes from the back of the case. Other plans is a 5 drive bay with hot-swappable backplane. I'll start a new thread on all of this though when I get the chance :)

Could you please tell us how did you get sleep to work on Z77X-UDH5 with 3770K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back