Contribute
Register

Calling Early Ivy Bridge Pioneers - Share Your Experiences!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ivy-bridge.jpeg

I just updated the temporary Ivy Bridge guide with BridgeHelper 5.0 information, and my latest recommendations for the 3770 + GA-Z77-DS3H. I'm currently using standard UserDSDT installation without DSDT or SSDT, and everything is working including sleep, speedstep! HD 4000 integrated graphics is not working yet, so I'm using a gpu.

Lion Installation Guide for Ivy Bridge CPUs [UPDATED]
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59052

Let's use this thread as a roundup to share our experiences with these builds. Link your User Build description, benchmarks, and general thoughts. I'm curious to read about your experiences.

Further Ivy Bridge Reading:

tonymacx86 Build - GA-Z77-DS3H - Core i7-3770 - GTX 550 Ti [Ivy Bridge]
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=59000

BridgeHelper 5.0: Native Ivy Bridge Kernel & Power Management, USB 3.0, and Intel HD 4000
Note: HD 4000 inject is in testing stages- it will not work with QE/CI yet.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/06/ ... ridge.html

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=56617&start=0

Intel's New Ivy Bridge Socket 1155 CPUs and 7-Series Motherboards Now Available
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/04/ ... -cpus.html

My Geekbench 10.7.4 (Vanilla Kernel & Power Management- from BridgeHelper 5.0)
geekbench-xmpnativivy.png

Console: MSRDumper kext loaded- showing PStates Reached- SpeedStep working
msrdumper-z77-ds3h.png

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the tools work amazingly well - thanks Tonymacx86 and Macman for all of your hard work with this!!!

The only nagging issue that I have is when I select "Shut Down..." from the Apple menu, the computer will occasionally reboot instead of shut down. Running Bridghelper 5.0, and everything else is perfect!!! The computer boots in about 3 seconds with an SSD!

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Core i7 3770
XFX Radeon 6870

Thanks for all the hard work.

Had to use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to get it to run as on an Asus board, which kind of sucks so still not getting p states correctly. Any work around for this?

Other then that seems to all work fine.

mx9k said:
All of the tools work amazingly well - thanks Tonymacx86 and Macman for all of your hard work with this!!!

The only nagging issue that I have is when I select "Shut Down..." from the Apple menu, the computer will occasionally reboot instead of shut down. Everything else is perfect!!! The computer boots in about 3 seconds with an SSD!

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Core i7 3770
XFX Radeon 6870
can u please let me know what procedure u used to install.I am using same mobo with 3570K but no luck with audio ,sleep,usb 3.0 and hd4000 . Will appreciate for any tips.Thanks.

gotojanoo said:
can u please let me know what procedure u used to install.I am using same mobo with 3570K but no luck with audio ,sleep,usb 3.0 and hd4000 . Will appreciate for any tips.Thanks.

All of the links are in the top post. HD 4000 isn't working yet. This thread is for sharing your experiences not for questions. Good luck.

I have to say thanks too!! :D

I'm so grateful for everything you Guys do!!

After some issues with installing 10.7.3 everything works nearly perfect with the help of this tutorial viewtopic.php?p=400807#p400807

I didn't saved my Sleep.kext, so sleep doesn't work at the moment...-.-
But thats ok for now...

Here my Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel Core i7 3770K
GTX 570
16GB RAM 1600MHz

So...it's a very good machine I think :lol:

And my Geekbench Score:
cf3jpmjf6pzu.png

I got everything up and running with 10.7.2 and a hacked kernel. I then upgraded to 10.7.4 with BridgeHelper 5 to get a native kernel and it worked great.

I only have 2 problems which may or may not be to do with hackingtosh. Firstly if I use my Blackmagic intensity pro card to monitor video I get a lot of system freezes. Also the latency when I press space bar in Final Cut Pro seems slow, it keeps going a bit before stopping.

I than tried to do a new clean install of 10.7.4 with native kernel, managed to boot from USB bit then had problems. Currently I get panic/hanging. See viewtopic.php?f=169&t=65325

Big thanks to everybody,
Ben

Just a quick repost for everyone with an AMD video card that gives a black-screen when waking up from sleep:

The following enables sleep for AMD users:

AMD video card users only:

Change GraphicsEnabler to No aka GraphicsEnabler=No in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>

Thank you Metadata, that only happened to me once but it's good to know the workaround should the problem resurface.

I have the GA-Z77-DS3H along with a 3570K processor (and an AMD 5770 GPU). The installation and general setup went fine, with sleep and sound working great so far. The only snag I hit was that despite setting the boot order in the BIOS my machine insisted on selecting a UEFI drive entry when booting. What seems to have worked for me to resolve that is to go into the BIOS and change the PCI ROM Priority setting (Under BIOS Features) from the default 'EFI Compatible' to 'Legacy ROM'. Then moving back over to the boot order selection section and resetting that (hopefully for the final time) to choose my desired drive boot order.

I've only just tried this, but it seems to have done the trick and I've booted into Mac OS for the first time without having to hit F12 and select a drive by hand.

nsbikes said:
I have to say thanks too!! :D

I'm so grateful for everything you Guys do!!

After some issues with installing 10.7.3 everything works nearly perfect with the help of this tutorial viewtopic.php?p=400807#p400807

I didn't saved my Sleep.kext, so sleep doesn't work at the moment...-.-
But thats ok for now...

Here my Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel Core i7 3770K
GTX 570
16GB RAM 1600MHz

So...it's a very good machine I think :lol:

And my Geekbench Score:
cf3jpmjf6pzu.png

Have you tweaked any settings at all to overclock it?

That is a great Geekbench score, my i7-2600k overclocked to 4.7ghz on a Z68X-UD3H-B3 scored only 1200 points more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back