Contribute
Register

Buying Advice HP Probook 450 Ivy Bridge or Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, done, 3 finger gestures are on, but are dodgy, they do not work all the time(almost never). In Console I see firmware version for VoodePS2Synaptics is 1.8.9 Synaptic touchpad type 0x47 version 7.5

Same firmware as my 4530s. Did you do EC reset?

Keep in mind that the Synaptics trackpad sees three fingers that are held close as two or one finger. So part of the three finger learning process is learning to relax your fingers a bit. It could be something else though...

You might install the debug version of my ps2 drivers: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller. You're going to want to do that anyway to investigate the special keys (such as brightness keys, related to your question below). But you should also take a look at what Z values (a kind of 'pressure' measurement... actually represents the relative size of the touch) are being generated by normal touch.

PS. How do I fix brightness control? My eyes are killing me!!

My laptop repo here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply "Brightness fix (Haswell)".
Then install ACPIBacklight.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Note: This fix is just to get the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays. Mapping the keyboard keys for brightness to those functions is a separate task.

Same firmware as my 4530s. Did you do EC reset?

Keep in mind that the Synaptics trackpad sees three fingers that are held close as two or one finger. So part of the three finger learning process is learning to relax your fingers a bit. It could be something else though...

You might install the debug version of my ps2 drivers: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller. You're going to want to do that anyway to investigate the special keys (such as brightness keys, related to your question below). But you should also take a look at what Z values (a kind of 'pressure' measurement... actually represents the relative size of the touch) are being generated by normal touch.

My laptop repo here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply "Brightness fix (Haswell)".
Then install ACPIBacklight.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Note: This fix is just to get the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays. Mapping the keyboard keys for brightness to those functions is a separate task.

I did the EC reset. I'm installing the voodoops2 kext using you guide, but can't get passed this part:

• starting with version 1.7.8, install the VoodooPS2Daemon
    sudo cp org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons
    sudo cp VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin
It just says no such file or directory

Also, I can't find the "graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt" file in your repo
and the alt key is mapped as home and viceversa

I did the EC reset. I'm installing the voodoops2 kext using you guide, but can't get passed this part:

• starting with version 1.7.8, install the VoodooPS2Daemon
    sudo cp org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons
    sudo cp VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin
It just says no such file or directory

Perhaps you didn't 'cd' into the folder where you unzipped the files. Use 'ls' to see what files are at your location.

Also, I can't find the "graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt" file in your repo

Follow the instructions in the README for setting up MaciASL. After you have the repo setup in MaciASL sources, look for "Brightness fix (Haswell)".

and the alt key is mapped as home and viceversa

Alt key as Home?? What do you mean?

WOW, It is a amazing work.

I have the same laptop as you do. However, My CPU is haswell corei5 4200M 2.5GH. I'm waiting for your specific instruction.

WOW, It is a amazing work.

I have the same laptop as you do. However, My CPU is haswell corei5 4200M 2.5GH. I'm waiting for your specific instruction.

Read this thread.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

Perhaps you didn't 'cd' into the folder where you unzipped the files. Use 'ls' to see what files are at your location.

You were right... Ops

Follow the instructions in the README for setting up MaciASL. After you have the repo setup in MaciASL sources, look for "Brightness fix (Haswell)".

done

Alt key as Home?? What do you mean?

The "alt" key on the keyboard is acting like the home/command key

I don't understand why MaciASL isn't opening the patch tool

Show your setup in MaciASL -> Preferences -> Sources.

The "alt" key on the keyboard is acting like the home/command key

Which one, right or left (just for information)?
Alt key should map to the Command key in Mac.

That key generates a standard scan code, so it should not be an issue...

Have you tried EC reset (sometimes the keyboard controller gets confused and must be reset)?

EC reset: Shutdown, remove all power sources, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Otherwise, install the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller and look at system.log when pressing the Alt key. What is the output?

Show your setup in MaciASL -> Preferences -> Sources.

Which one, right or left (just for information)?
Alt key should map to the Command key in Mac.

That key generates a standard scan code, so it should not be an issue...

Have you tried EC reset (sometimes the keyboard controller gets confused and must be reset)?

EC reset: Shutdown, remove all power sources, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Otherwise, install the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller and look at system.log when pressing the Alt key. What is the output?

New problem, I rebooted and it won't boot anymore View attachment 80114
if I use the old dsdt without the last brightnes patch it works
Solved: the aml extention was missing...

when I press the "alt" key on the left Jan 15 19:13:04 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 38=37
when I press the "Alt gr" key on the right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back