Contribute
Register

Buying a Dedicated GPU for your Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma Hackintosh

I have been looking at the Sapphire https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8g-gddr6

The fact that it has 8+6 pin puts me off, but I can live with that if that's the best I can get.
If you can get the Sapphire 6600/XT at a similar price, that should be a single 8 pin. Since you're only using a x4 slot the performance will be as good or better than the 5700XT.

Amazon sells the RX6600 for $220 right now. New not a refurb.

1690471888833.png

If you can get the Sapphire 6600/XT at a similar price, that should be a single 8 pin. Since you're only using a x4 slot the performance will be as good or better than the 5700XT.

Amazon sells the RX6600 for $220 right now. New not a refurb.

View attachment 569591
Just picked up the sapphire nitro 6600 xt OC for £160, not a bad deal. Anything else I need to do other than making sure the boot arg is set for getting it to work with Ventura?

Hello everyone, I need help to parody my 6950xt graphics card on my x299 platform.

in windows this address is shown
_sb.pc02.br2a.pegp.egp0.gfx0

my doubt is the address or just till pegp
example

External (_SB_.PC02, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PC02.BR2A.PEGP, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

Scope (\_SB.PC02.BR2A.PEGP)

or

External (_SB_.PC02, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PC02.BR2A.PEGP.EGP0.GFX0, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

Scope (\_SB.PC02.BR2A.PEGP.EGP0.GFX0)

PEGP is an intermediate object. GFX0 is where a SSDT would apply the spoof.
If the ACPI path is fully defined in macOS, you can do the spoof in config.plist>DeviceProperties, using the PCI path.

PEGP is an intermediate object. GFX0 is where a SSDT would apply the spoof.
If the ACPI path is fully defined in macOS, you can do the spoof in config.plist>DeviceProperties, using the PCI path.
can i do it in opencore without using ssdt for spoof?
I was following an opencore guide

You can apply the spoof either through a SSDT or by DeviceProperties. The latter uses the PCI path in config.plist, but requires that the ACPI path be properly defined (all objects in the path are named), which usually requires a (simpler) "bridging" SSDT (SSDT-BRG0 template).

Why use Windows when Hackintool will show it to you in the PCIe tab?

You can apply the spoof either through a SSDT or by DeviceProperties. The latter uses the PCI path in config.plist, but requires that the ACPI path be properly defined (all objects in the path are named), which usually requires a (simpler) "bridging" SSDT (SSDT-BRG0 template).
Work perfect, thanks

Back