Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 Designare
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700 4.0GHz
Graphics
ASUS Strix GEFORCE® GTX 980
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I hope this post is okey and won't be deleted because I need your opinion. I do not own Windows 10 but I need it to optimize my Hackintosh. Should I buy it for 119$ online or get a trial because really I'm just gonna use it to get the OS X part of my Hackintosh running, then I will probably never use the Windows partition again.

So what's your thoughts on that? Pay 119$ for using it for maybe 1 week or getting a trial version of it?

Last edited:
I hope this post is okey and won't be deleted because I need your opinion. I do not own Windows 10 but I need it to optimize my Hackintosh. Should I buy it for 119$ online or ''borrow'' it because really I'm just gonna use it to get the OS X part of my Hackintosh running, then I will probably never use the Windows partition again.

So what's your thoughts on that? Pay 119$ for using it for maybe 1 week or borrowing it?
Microsoft allows you to install Windows 10 and try it for 30 days. On the 31st day it will boot to a black screen and inform you that your time is up and you have to buy a license. There is nothing wrong with using this trial period to optimize your hardware/firmware or to initialize your Thunderbolt card.
When it is installing and it asks you for a key, at the botom right of that screen is an option to "skip this step" - click on it.
Later it will want you to set up with your Microsoft account - on the bottom left is an oftion to skip that.

You will, however, need a Windows machine to download the media creation tool and make a USB installer.

Pay 119$ for using it for maybe 1 week or borrowing it?

The Rules said:
This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

You need to download the ISO (official) from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10ISO
Then create the installation media, DVD or USB. Why are they giving it away free ? 2 reasons, to stop the use of all the pirated versions of Windows which lead to major problems for everyone. To get Windows onto their goal of 1 Billion computers by 2018.

This is perfectly legal. You can use it as long as you want. It's free of charge. What you won't be able to do is get rid of the watermark on the desktop or change the default wallpaper. Not a big deal. You can still download all updates to 10 too.

Windows 10 is now considered a service instead of a product. MS wants you to use it. You "pay" for it with all of the personal, private data you give them when you use it. That's their new business model. In summary, don't pay the $119 to use it for what you intend to do. Not necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back