Contribute
Register

Building Customac GA-H87-D3H...A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas, I discovered my mistake;

Well, there were 2, one which seems somewhat odd...

The first, the 4130T cpu uses the 4400HD, not the 4600HD and thus isn't supported yet (hopefully it will be or I've just wasted £100 on this CPU).

The second, the Intel network driver appears to be the wrong driver for the GA-H87-D3H, the correct one (in my case at least) is one of the Realtek drivers. I can't recall the number & I'm at work at the moment but will update this post later. Installing the kext for that worked fine.

Now I just need to find out if there's a solution for using the 4400HD...

Regarding using an i5, not for me. The purpose of this build is to go in a home recording studio, I want the CPU to be low power (and thus low temp) so it can be silently/near silently cooled.

I should have gone for the 4330T but that isn't available retail...

I suggest that you do a search for a GT610 low profile graphics card. You will find them available from Amazon, Scan, Overclockers UK, dabs and ebay all in the UK.
If you would like a passive version then add passive to your search description for those that are available.

Adrian B

As I'm still within 14 days of purchase I'm going to see if I can return it first then either replace with the i3 4330T or the i5 4570T (both 35W & 4600HD). Neither are available as retail sales though so I'll need to buy an aftermarket cooler.

Hello everybody

i'm new of the hackintosh world.
I just buyed something like your setup

mb: ga-H87M-D3H
cpu: i5-4570
Hd: 1tb
Ram: 4Gb Corsair vengeance (soon it will be 4Gbx2)
Optical dvd

i follow the tonimac guide, have mavericks original from the appstore, unibeast and multibeast.
The problem is that after the boot and after choose USB appear the apple and the spinning wheel.
After few seconds the wheel get stuck and i have to reboot.

I tried with -x GraphicEnable=Yes but same result.

Anyone can help me?

ps. Bios is loaded to optimum and vtd disabled.
Monitor plugged with dsub.

Thank you so much

*** EDIT ***

Fixed! justo boot up with the hdmi output!

hope this can be useful

Hi,

I dunno if anyone of you will have the same troubles... but i kept bumping into the boot0 error. I spent nights thinking that this was a bootloader issue between my mobo and mac. Finally found the answer
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
it seems that most expect this to be found in hdd above 1 Tb. However my SATA Hdd which is a 500GB had the same error, I have followed the step1 and resolved my issue.

This made my day :)

i3-4330 gigabyte H87-D3H MB 4 Gb Ram 1 Tb WD HDD onboard graphics.

I cannot get the Mavericks thumbdrive I created using Unibeast to successfully boot. Which boot flags/bios settings should I use?

WTF the HDMI trick worked for me as well with -x graphicsenabler=yes
Why this worked and vga did not is a mystery to me.

www.natespcrepair.com

i3-4330 gigabyte H87-D3H MB 4 Gb Ram 1 Tb WD HDD onboard graphics.

I cannot get the Mavericks thumbdrive I created using Unibeast to successfully boot. Which boot flags/bios settings should I use?

Step 4 in the official guide suggests trying -x to get to the installer if you are having problems. Bios setting are covered in step 3, optimised defaults and select integrated GPU with 64mb memory. Use a DVI-D or HDMI cable to your monitor. VGA has not had any support in OS X for years.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
http://www.slashgear.com/vga-dead-by-2015-say-intel-amd-pcdisplay-makers-09118507/

Adrian B

• This is my exact build:

• [h=1]Intel Core i5-4670K
    [/h]
  • [h=1]GA-H87-D3H[/h]
  • [h=1]Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB )[/h]
  • [h=1]WD Blue 1 TB Desktop[/h]
  • [h=1]CORSAIR 500 watt psu[/h]
  • [h=1]LG Internal UH12NS30[/h]
  • [h=1]Logitech Speakers Z130

My board doesnt need DSDT so how to I go on with multibeast and do I need to download any drivers for my parts?
    [/h]

From the Gigabyte website we can see that the audio codec is ALC 892 and the ethernet chip used is Intel. So select these options from the relevant section. You also want to select DSDT FREE Installation.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4491#sp

If you are using a monitor with 1920x1080P resolution then there is a setting of that also. If you are using a different resolution then you can set that as an additional boot flag at boot and then adjust your .org.chameleon.Boot.plist to reflect your monitors requirements.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back