Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Is there any reason why the TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter is listed along with the CustoMac Mini, but not the Deluxe? From the Chip build, I got the impression that the built-in Wifi in the Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI motherboard isn't compatible.

There is only one regular PCI Express slot on these boards. If you use it for a video card, you'll need to use a different interface for the wifi (USB or mini-PCIe).

There is only one regular PCI Express slot on these boards. If you use it for a video card, you'll need to use a different interface for the wifi (USB or mini-PCIe).

Thanks, that explains why BitterMelon used the Dell Mini-PCIe card in his build.

Hi guys,

I am planning on following this guide to build my first Hackintosh. However, I wonder why you recommend the WiFi Gigabyte Mainboard when you still need an extra card for native WiFi support? This being said, can I safely replace the board with the significantly cheaper Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H?

Thanks a lot!
Cheers
olsen

Hi guys,

I am planning on following this guide to build my first Hackintosh. However, I wonder why you recommend the WiFi Gigabyte Mainboard when you still need an extra card for native WiFi support? This being said, can I safely replace the board with the significantly cheaper Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H?

Thanks a lot!
Cheers
olsen

Pls compare the boards yourself. (There are several diff. in Audio-Chip, Ethernet-Chip, Form-Factor, etc.)
GA-Z77N-WIFI: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4337#sp
GA-H77M-D3H: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4388#ov

Some components on the board you mentioned, don't work with MacOSX.

How did you remove the drivers?
If you look at multibeast in the description field it will tell you what it's installing and where. Just remove those items.

In this case I reformatted the drive and started over because I was also having other issues that I didn't feel like digging in to. I had a back up of my user folder so reinstall was faster for me.

I would like to build my first hackintosh but I seemed to be running into a problem of get this Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI motherboard from the seller I usually by my computer bits from.ebuyer Uk no where else.

I'm just wondering is there another type of board from gigabyte I can get that will perfectly well for a replacement. I plan to get a intel core i5 CPU but no graphics card 16gb ram no wifi as the computer will be connected via Ethernet anyways.

Thank you look forward for any advise thank you.

Built an i5 with a solid state hard drive based on your custom mini deluxe in the Bitfenix case. A few boot problems at first, a few hours of trial an error using multibeast and all is good. I have blue tooth, 16gigs of ram, dvd drive, 4 hard drives, sleep works as apple intended audio and graphics all good. Thanks for a great site!

I would like to build my first hackintosh but I seemed to be running into a problem of get this Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI motherboard from the seller I usually by my computer bits from.ebuyer Uk no where else.

I'm just wondering is there another type of board from gigabyte I can get that will perfectly well for a replacement. I plan to get a intel core i5 CPU but no graphics card 16gb ram no wifi as the computer will be connected via Ethernet anyways.

Thank you look forward for any advise thank you.

I picked up a Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI motherboard from a place in Manchester. Walked in last week & they said they had loads. Microdirect.
They do online orders.
I have it working with I5 3570K in that alternative Coolmaster Case. Only using the built in HD graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back