Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Complete Builds and Specs [RECOMMENDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Building a CustoMac: Three Complete PC Builds [RECOMMENDED]

Is the GA-X58A-UD9 any better than the GA-X58A-UD7? Would it also work? I get lost in the specs :oops:

Khan said:
Is the GA-X58A-UD9 any better than the GA-X58A-UD7? Would it also work? I get lost in the specs :oops:
The UD9 adds more PCI-E slots, removes all PCI slots and is also expensive as hell. It should work, but haven't heard of anyone trying.

Just did a google and guess what:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3998

Looks like it is another winner. But I think I will get a UD7 since there are no PCI slots in the UD9. Thanks a lot!

thank you very much for this, any idea when there will be an updated post on this topic? :)

P55 boards actually still most recommended for builds?

Thank you very much for this site, after having spent hours browsing through numerous sites searching for informations I can say that this is the most convenient!

It would be great to have an update on these proposed hardware set though.

Cheers mate!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hey I'm a complete noob here and was wondering if the it was possible to pick and choose parts from each of the three builds above and still have a running system? For example #3 Motherboard with #1 Processor ?

Douglerful said:
Hey I'm a complete noob here and was wondering if the it was possible to pick and choose parts from each of the three builds above and still have a running system? For example #3 Motherboard with #1 Processor ?
You should be able to do that. With out building one myself and with doing a lot of reading on here and watching videos, the parts listed are OOB workable after you follow Tony's guide.
dotBL0t said:
Great post! Do these configuration need some tweaks to fully work or will they work out-of-the-box after the installation?
See me response to Douglerful, those parts listed in the builds are pretty much OOB builds after reading a pot of forum members builds based off those. Just make sure you follow the guide.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html
Notshy's Guide is nice as well.
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465

What ever you guys do just check out the user build section and there guides and if they had any issues with there builds. That's basically what I am doing, reading as much as I can and searching the forum feverishly to make sure I have all my bases covered.

I'm looking for a silent, fanless graphics card for my second Hackintosh. I thought I would buy one of the cards in the recommended builds, but neither the Zotac Nvidia GeForce GT240 1GB DDR3 nor the Gigabyte 9800 GT 1GB Silent Cell are available anymore.

Can you recommended a fanless graphics card with 2xDVI ?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back